back to article Tories to fight election on Spotify

In an early effort to target young voters, the Conservatives have begun advertising on Spotify. There are still almost eight months until Gordon Brown must call a general election, but Tory chairman Eric Pickles has taken to the streaming music service with an attack on Labour's economic record. DJ Pickles "Thanks to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Evans

"reckless spending"

This coming from a man who live 25 mins from Liverpool street by train, in commuter land, but still required a second home in London because he has to be in meetings for 9:30am (sometimes).

I trust all of them about as far as I can throw Mr Pickles.

2. Florence
    Unhappy

Thankfully the mute button on my laptop works

As opposed to just turning the volume down or software mute which results in Spotify pausing the adverts.

Actually, the day I start hearing these political broadcasts, I'll start looking up what I want to listen to on We7 or Deezer first.

3. Not Fred31
    FAIL

YUK - worst sub-headline EVER

Don't do it again.

4. Annihilator
    Unhappy

Coming in your ear..

Ewwwwwwwww.....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Spotify Membership

Looks like we will see Spotify Memberships increase exponentially to avoid these adverts...very cunning plan by Spotify..

6. Steve Anderson

Muting

Looks like I chose the right day to complete my advert muting script then. YAY!

7. SlabMan

Surefire vote winner...

... for Labour, Lib Dems, et al. Great idea - interrupt my listening pleasure to plead for votes. Let me know how that works out for you. Meantime, I'm standing for Parliament on behalf of the 'Ban political ads on Spotify' party.

Vote for meeee!!!!

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

It's like Satan jizzing in your ears...

...and I feel violated.

This topic is closed for new posts.