back to article O2 gets into fixed line with BT

O2 will start offering business customers fixed line telecoms services from October. Ben Dowd, business sales director at O2, said both small businesses and larger corporates were moving towards integrated services and joined up systems. He said many firms do not want the hassle of dealing with lots of different suppliers. He …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

o2 ..integrated services and joined up???

LMAO o2 ....integrated services and joined up systems.

...is o2 data service joined up to the interweb??

2. Andy 97
    FAIL

O2 can provide a decent service?

I think there must be a joke here somewhere.....

And with BT getting into the party - another six bills to add to the rain forest of crap coming throught people's doors.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

New areas of instrest for O2 now?

Well it really shouldnt come as a supprise to us should it, they have screwed all existing O2 mobile users with removing loyalty bonuses, their O2 home broadband is packaged with what is quite honestly the worst router ive ever in all my years, ive had the misfortune to work with.

The service its self is somewhat flaky although that might be the shocking router.

The customer support is second to bottom, so there really isnt much else to screw with.

So all you business folk that would consider O2, I hope it works out it cant get any worse can it?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Back to the future?

or just forward to the past?

5. kerlmann
    Stop

Do you all work for Vodafone??

Is the only explanation for these comments - in my experience, O2 is the only telcos that gives a monkeys about its customers, which might explain why its service (including broadband) picks up so many awards and why they're #1 in the market (pending Orabile merger).

Remember, this deal with BT is with their wholesale division, not the crappy customer-facing part (Global Services), so customers will benefit from the decent part of BT - its network - without having to endure the pain of being frigged about by its inept customer care department.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

O2's Origins

Ackchewerly, Cellnet started as a joint venture between BT and Securicor, as BT weren't allowed to wholly own their own cellphone company. It was only in later years that BT bought out Securicor's stake.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like