back to article Boxer sets lawyers on Facebook

Boxer Amir Khan and promoter Frank Warren have threatened to sue Facebook for libel over allegedly "defamatory and racist" content on the social networking site. The WBA light welterweight champion and Warren are angered that their names and images have been used in unofficial groups on the site that are full of racist abuse. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Kev K
    Badgers

Bah...

"Lupton Fawcett is hoping to act for other sports stars and celebrities with similar concerns over content on social networking sites,"

You mean Lupton Fawcett is hoping to act for other sports stars and celebrities and facerape facefook while making a "small %" and a name for himself

2. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Hmmmm

"Lupton Fawcett is hoping to act for other sports stars and celebrities with similar concerns over content on social networking sites, the Manchester Evening News reports."

I'm sure he is, nice little earner! More so if you can get FB on the hook, you will then have a license to go after every forum and board on the internet that makes the slightest unpleasant remark about you or your clients.

3. northern monkey
    Headmaster

*rolls eyes*

I've just had a look through some of the many Amir Khan groups (though there appears to be another Amir Khan with whom the boxer is sharing some of the hatred at least), and all I've really learned is that the people who created these groups are poorly educated fools!

Take, for example, the prototypical but nonetheless real "AMIR KHAN SHOULD OF GOT BEAT". Indeed, and perhaps you should have taken your caps lock off before starting the group (inexplicably the group photo is of Pob, the children's TV character famed for getting children across the country to spit at their TVs)

Perhaps we should take "Amir Khan got knocked the fuck out!!!!!!!!!!". Whilst from your heavy use of exclamation marks I presume you are trying to make a point I'm unable to parse the name of your group properly. Oh, and there always has to be one making use of the perfectly late 80s/early 90s "not" humour: "the love we have for Amir Khan....NOT..."

Well, I'm off to find more topless pictures^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hgroups showing the nicer side of society's opinion of Amir Khan, but with good spelling, grammar and a general lack of idiocy. There must be some!

4. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Boxing fans AND Farcebookers

What a meeting of the minds that would be!

Innit?

5. Studley

Facebook should use "fair comment" as defence

because Frank Warren DOES have floppy earlobes and looks like a ****ing rabbit.

6. Martyn 1
    Pint

Lupton Fawcett?

Isn't he a character from Viz? If not he should be....

7. Defiant
    Thumb Down

OMG Not Again

Why do Muslims get religion mixed up with race. Yes alot of people don't like Muslims but this is nothing to do with race. You'll also find people that don't like Christians, Jews, Hindus etc but again it's a right people have.

Freedom of speech and Islam obviously aren't compatible

8. ThaMossop
    FAIL

Where would you stop?

Not surprised FB don't seem to be bothered. I mean where would this end? Anyone can set up a group about anyone, celeb or otherwise, and say 'I hate such and such' or 'I love such and such' - In fact for every I love one, there is usually an I hate one. There are loads already out there and if every person decided to sue FB over it... well it's just a fail to even consider that to start with.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like