back to article Google Maps reborn as world's largest Monopoly board

Toymaker Hasbro is preparing to launch a world-encompassing live version of Monopoly using Google Maps as its game board. Having clearly missed the memo that both Apple and The Beatles are making a ruckus in the news Wednesday, Hasbro's Monopoly City Streets plans to dust off the dice tomorrow and will run until the end of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Peter Murphy
    Thumb Up

Any street anywhere in the world?

Sweet. I'll take the M4 motorway.

2. exit...quit...bye...quitbye.ctrl-C..ctrlX.ctrl-alt-X...aarrrr*slam*
    Grenade

Soooo...

If I buy all the roads connecting a rather well known military complex housing - um - strategic deterrents, do I get to use said assets to decrease the value of other players property?

How much is the rent on a LGM30 site?

3. lpopman
    Coat

Could be good

I wonder who'll be the first to snap up this street http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Bell+End,+Rowley+Regis,+West+Midlands+B65,+United+Kingdom&sll=52.43047,-1.459582&sspn=0.007601,0.022681&ie=UTF8&cd=2&geocode=FWzQIAMdCeHg_w&split=0&z=16&iwloc=A

marvellous ;)

mines the one with CDC scribbled on the breast pocket....

Oh, btw fp, biatchez^W

4. Dave Bell

Famous streets

OK, I have Railway Cuttings, East Cheam, but they wont let me build a hotel.

5. Blackyoda
    Welcome

How Cool

For those monopoly lovers this is just heaven....I could actually own the world....Mwhahaha No seriously this is a new out look on a really good board game, they came up with the weird versions of it but the original game still rules

6. b166er

@Peter Murphy

And you'd be most welcome to it!

I'm having the Pan-American highway unless you call me on a 54km technicality in which case I'll have the St Petersburg-Vladivostok.

7. Reality Dysfunction

good streets

@ lpopman Posted Wednesday 9th September 2009 07:35 GMT

Bell End would go rather well with the Mincing Lane next to it

8. BoldMan
    Thumb Up

I'd prefer Worldwide online Mornington Crescent

With of course the Reverse Sequence Queensbury Rules, with Black forced to sidestep on a Reciprocal Intermediate Turn...

9. Ian 49
    Thumb Up

@lpopman

You're welcome to Bell End... As long as you also take Mincing Lane, which it runs on to.

10. Ruddrage
    Coat

Nasty

How about living here?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=sandy+balls&vps=2&jsv=174d&sll=50.93301,-1.773348&sspn=0.035431,0.076818&ie=UTF8&ei=3JGnSoLDAp3UjAfThe3dBg&cd=1&usq=sandy+balls&geocode=FTwnCQMdJR3l_w&cid=1063074095003146799&li=lmd

11. Ruddrage
    Coat

Nasty

How about here?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=sandy+balls&vps=2&jsv=174d&sll=50.93301,-1.773348&sspn=0.035431,0.076818&ie=UTF8&ei=3JGnSoLDAp3UjAfThe3dBg&cd=1&usq=sandy+balls&geocode=FTwnCQMdJR3l_w&cid=1063074095003146799&li=lmd

12. Phil Standen
    Unhappy

Predictably

Gone titsup

13. Gattaca
    FAIL

Fail

Obviously didn't expect more than 10 people to play, as the site is isn't handling it very well.

14. Richard 102
    Coat

@BoldMan

Wouldn't that put you in "spoon" south of the river? Or are we playing Crockston's variation?

(Mine's the one with the autographed picture of Willie Rushton in the pocket)

15. Mike Cardwell
    FAIL

Overloaded already

Didn't take long for it to be overloaded I see. It's pretty obvious a fucktonne of people were going to start a land grab on day 1 of launch.

16. JPatrick
    FAIL

Belly up already.....

Just went to have a look at the website and got the following (and more):

Apache 2 Test Page