back to article Bookie lays odds on next Microsoft head transplant

After Microsoft was caught removing the head of a black man from a stock website photo and replacing it with the head of a white man, Irish betting shop Paddy Power is offering odds on the racial makeup of the smiling faces who will turn up in Redmond's global advertising campaign for the upcoming Office 2010. Earlier this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ElReg!comments!Pierre

White, but Afro-American?

Shirley that would be "white, black" or "caucasian-amerian, afro-american"?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

May I get in early with a request

that Microsoft turns its head-swapping attention in Ballmer's direction?

3. Dana W
    Joke

I have an idea!

How about they transplant the head of a competent CEO onto Steve Ballmer?

4. Chowder Head
    FAIL

No Input?

I wonder if that wifey knows her monitors not plugged into anything.....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ElReg!comments!Pierre

Besides which, Afro-American is a rather obsolete term, though I can't fault anyone outside the US for having a hard time keeping up. African American has pretty much replaced it, though "Black" is probably the common, at least outside formal contexts. And come to think of it, how do they know he's American anyway? That office could be anywhere.

6. Jason DePriest
    Black Helicopters

Something Awful did a Photoshop thread on this

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3191740

Many, many variations. Surprisingly, most are completely safe for work (the site it self is still, sadly, NSFW).

7. James O'Brien
    Pint

ROFL

Love the Chewie image. Awesome.

8. Crazy Operations Guy
    Thumb Down

The Macbook

What about the other issues with the picture? Such as:

*The water bottle is missing its label

*The monitor has had the Dell logo airbrushed out

*The monitor doesn't have any cables, neither does the projector

*There is no desktop for the monitor to be plugged into

*There is no mouse to go with the Keyboard

In any case, How do you know its a MacBook? I have seen several White laptops, many of them are bare bones systems from any number of unheard-of companies. Even if it was a Macbook, they are probably trying to protect themselves from the the inevitable lawsuit from apple for using their logo without permission.

9. Paul 4

@ Crazy Operations Guy

Because an Apple in an MS ad is funny, the rest are just keeping the picture looking like an ideal meeting, rather than the normal mess of cables, keys, scraps of paper, phones and empty coffee cups that litter any meeting room after about 5 minets.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Xbox owners

They have replaced their heads with those of clueless idiots..

11. Jay Castle
    Troll

@ AC, Posted Friday 28th August 2009 08:47 GMT

I call Troll!

That is all.

12. Andus McCoatover

Why wouldn't they...

..just take a photo themselves? Stock photo - pure laziness.

However, we could have a playmobil head, amanfrommars, and a vulture, all gobsmacked by yet another powerpoint presentation of a chair-throwing competition*, judged by Ballmer. Go on, El Reg, you're dying to!

*In Finland, we have 'phone-throwing competitions. Dunno how far one can lob an iPhone.."Far as possible", came the reply.

Don't get me started on last weeks "Air Guitar World Chamionships". Mercifully, although less than 1Km from my house, it was obviously totally silent. Also, many lost their guitars due to the stiff breeze.

OK, here's the link. Put yer coffee down first. You couldn't make this stuff up!

http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2009/08/air_guitar_world_championships_open_938321.html

13. Jacob Reid
    Paris Hilton

What about this one?

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8255/msadklingon2.png

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like