back to article TV crime show host 'ordered ratings-boosting hits'

The host of campaigning Brazilian TV crime show Canal Livre has been accused of coming up with an extreme method of boosting his ratings: ordering the murder of at least five people. Suspicions that former police officer Wallace Souza had arranged the hits were aroused when his camera crews in Manaus, Amazonas, demonstrated an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Iain
    Happy

Crossing the line

between reporting and creating reality TV, Alistair Stewart did it here already!

2. Random Noise

Edmonds

I can just see Noel Edmonds on the red phone ordering hits on people working in the City to give him & 'the banker' some interesting chat to boost ratings.

3. Shadowfirebird

I'm confused

He didn't need to order the killings to prove that there was a high crime rate, because *he* was a criminal, wasn't he? After all, he ordered the killings...

Wait, there's something wrong with that. I'm confused.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

'...covering his nose with his shirt and breezily remarking that 'it smells like barbecue''

I guess that guy doesn't like barbecue...

5. omega
    Pint

May I recommend this approach to...

... the producers of Big Brother.

You know what you have to do.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

As opposed to wanting hitmen to strike brutally

every time I see Cilla Black or Gordon Brown..........

7. northern monkey
    Megaphone

@As opposed to wanting hitmen to strike brutally

Oi oi oi!! Now say what you want about that sour faced prime minister of ours, but just you leave the pride of Merseyside alone! Otherwise I'll have a surprise surprise for you!

8. Steve Roper
    Thumb Up

Mr. Stamper!

What the HELL do I pay you for!?!

Seems that media mogul Mr. Carver and his Tomorrow's News Today network is alive and kicking... Now pay attention, 007.

This topic is closed for new posts.