back to article Samsung i8910 Omnia HD

The Samsung i8910 Omnia HD comes with a weight of expectation upon it. As the first cameraphone claiming to be capable of recording HD video, it sets itself up to be challenged. Fortunately, for the most part it comes through. With its stonking 8Mp camera and huge OLED screen, this smartphone has what it takes to be an iPhone …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Great phone

"The i8910 has A-GPS and a virtual compass on board, though it seems a shame that Samsung didn't see fit to install Google Maps or similar – you'll have to do it yourself."

Sigh, people are just so darn lazy these days... No wonder Apple is winning. People like to have their hands held at all times and can't do shit themselves.

2. nichomach
    Thumb Up

Looks great, but...

"Setting up email isn't as straightforward as it is with Windows Mobile or Blackberry handsets, since you'll need your POP3 and IMAP4 settings from your network..."

Needs an ActiveSync client, like Nokia's Mail for Exchange. Then I'll be more interested. Other than that, I think it looks great.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Lovely jubbley

Very likely to be my next phone. Hack it with HelloOX and I can run all my Symbian apps (Sportstracker, Viewranger, Nokia Maps 3 along with Garmin, Sygic, NGuide etc, JoikuSpot, Profimail et al), plus it's got a gorgeous screen and a fast chipset (unlike the N97). Can't wait to get it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

this looks like...

...an all in jobby I actually want. Now if I could just win one..hint hint....

5. Neur0mancer
    Happy

I wanted this phone.

Orange wanted me to pay £200 quid to upgrade for it though at the end of my contract. So I bought an iphone instead for cheaper.

6. Phil Arundell
    FAIL

Horrendous Photo and Video Quality

It might have an 8MP camera, but those sample shots were horrendous - bad light balance and incredibly poor noise levels. It all goes to show that putting a big sensor behind a crap lens is a complete waste of time!

In addition, the video sample was a complete joke - jerky and poor quality

The screen might be gorgeous but anyone buying this hoping to actually make use of the video and camera beyond the normal crappy cell-phone use is going to be sorely disappointed

7. This post has been deleted by its author

8. Daniel Owen

Youtube app

There is only no YouTube application because you are using the Orange firmware, with the original samsung firmware (that's a doddle to flash), it's available.

9. Danny 14
    Unhappy

media phone?

To echo a previous poster, that huge 8MP camera is just going to fill up the memory with cack overexposed shaky looking pictures. The aberration is terrible and a pointless waste of time. Plus if it is selling itself as a media phone then why no xenon flash? I dont think i'll be swapping my i900 for it.

10. JoeS

original samsung firmware

You can however remove the orange firmware and put the origonal samsung firmware on, as if you was to purchase it sim free. You can also sim unlock the hadset now too using a code that you enter on the phone.

There is video tutorials on how to do both here : http://www.debrandi8910.com

Hope this helps.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like