back to article Steve Jobs liver transplant confirmed by doc

A Tennessee physician has confirmed that Steve Jobs has a new liver. With a statement posted to the web, James D. Eason, M.D. - program director at Methodist University Hospital Transplant Institute and the chief of transplantation - said that Jobs received a liver transplant at the institute in partnership with the University …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Number6
    Badgers

Good to be Back

I don't blame him for wanting to go back to work, I like to have something to keep my brain active, and when something stops me from doing it, such as illness, it's frustrating. No doubt Steve Jobs feels the same way, he thrives on the challenge of achieving things and being parked out of the way is no fun.

2. Frank 6
    Jobs Horns

So it was just another lie

Is anyone at Apple capable of telling the truth?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Most sick?

"He received a liver transplant because he was the patient with the highest MELD score (Model for End-Stage Liver Disease) of his blood type and, therefore, the sickest patient on the waiting list at the time a donor organ became available."

or was it just the highest cash source at the time?

4. Ken 19
    Joke

Steve Jobs - de-livered

so... just to clear this up... he's been delivered?

and then re-livered?

5. Sartori

Get well soon

Get well soon Steve, still no fan of Apple but hope you have a speedy recovery.

6. DZ-Jay

Life expectancy

>> "Our one-year patient and graft survival rates are among the best in the nation and were a dominant reason in Mr. Jobs’s choice of transplant centers."

Does that mean that his life expectancy is about one more year?

@Ken 19:

Suffice it to say that he is now just properly "livered".

-dZ.

7. copsewood
    Boffin

Liver disease and transplants are no joke

Someone very close to me suffers from a congenital liver disease. Others with more advanced forms of it in her support group regularly receive transplants. A now retired friend from where I work had one about 7 years ago and is doing well. But living with someone else's liver in you is a large risk, as is any kind of liver disease or transplant. This isn't the kind of thing anyone has done unless they expect to die fairly soon otherwise.

I don't use Steve's products but wish him a long, healthy and happy life regardless.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Wake up and smell the coffee...

... what would you do in similar circumstances?

9. Martin Nicholls
    Linux

Hm

What do we think the odds are that somebody /so/ rich is the absolute sickest person in his blood type?

10. LuMan
    Stop

Desist! Please.

It's all good fun being cynical and casting aspersions on high profile folk, but the bloke could have died. In fact, he would have done without the medical attention he received. So, all the effing sickos who are so anti-Apple that they'll use ANY lever to denounce the evil corporation, cut the chap some slack and just remember that you're only picking on a sick old man. In my book (not that you'll care), that makes you lower than shit!

</rant>

11. imposter
    Stop

@Martin Nicholls

Quite high if he's too busy to notice until after he loses a load of weight, takes a while off, has a doctor look and OHSH.

Not an apple fanboi at all here but I do wish anyone who is quick a speedy recovery.

12. Michael 28
    Happy

WTf? No Monty python referrence yet?

......its "all for the good of the country"

13. Chief sub

Cynical or just plain sick?

Some of these comments - not all, mind - veer beyond the cynical and satirical into the just plain sick. I wonder if these posters, if they needed and had undergone a major transplant, would welcome chortling comments such as "of course he got the liver, he can afford it", "funny how they found someone of his blood type with an organ so quickly", "why didn't he tell us? What a c**t!". Grow up, arseholes: this was major surgery of the sort which almost all of us think twice about our life's priorities. No matter what you think of the man's company, I don't remember him trying to invade Poland (or Iraq for that matter).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like