back to article Carter to cart self back to big business

Lord Carter, the former Ofcom boss currently finalising a major review of the next decade of technology policy, will quit the government soon after it is published, according a report. The communications minister and ex-public relations executive is eyeing a lucrative return to the private sector, The Times reports. Gordon …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian 11

Great.

So as usual Brown has brought on someone who not only knows fuck all about what he's reporting on but wont even be around to be held responsible for it the repercussions either.

Still, good fucking riddance.

2. Tawakalna
    Unhappy

so farewell, Lord Carter..

..you weren't very good.

In fact, you were about as much use as tits on a bull.

but you got a lot of taxpayers' money for doing f*ck all.

wish i could have your job!

3. Nebulo
    Thumb Down

Another

damned revolving door. There should be a law against it, but I guess the gravy train just won't stop long enough to pass one.

4. Lost in a maze of twisty comments, all alike.

There's only one response possible

"Get Carter"

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One good policy recommendation!

We should be grateful for the fact that he has put Universal Broadband on the agenda.

To achieve it, Ofcoms rulebook needs to be re-written from defining markets as fixed and mobile calls to a single form of managing data transport - our bits. Much of the 1990's dogma needs to be dropped.

Government needs to invest rather than take money out through auction heists.

The internet needs to encouraged not knobbled by net discrimination as per the EU Telecoms package.

His final report will be interesting in the agenda it sets. If it has too much in favour of industry, then at least we will be able to back and get it re-written under his replacement.

He has out the matter on the agenda and for that I for one will be remain grateful thankful.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like