back to article Tesla Motors founder Eberhard sues Elon Musk

A founder of legendary electrovehicle firm Tesla Motors, maker of the much-fancied Roadster battery sports car, is suing the firm and its present chief - famed tech zillionaire Elon Musk. Martin Eberhard alleges that Musk has slandered and libelled him, mishandled the fortunes of Tesla Motors, and deliberately supplied Eberhard …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete James

Guff

"Legendary" firm?

"Much fancied" roadster?

I do hope that was just second rate sarcasm.

2. Inachu
    Alert

I hope he wins!

If the judge finds judgement against the plaintiff then what we have here is a case where like in many other court rooms a case is won by legal terminology but was not very moral.

It used to be what is moral is also legal but todays courts like to seprate morality from what is legal but did justice take place without morality? No. Because in those cases Greed won over morality and if this is how the court will find the ruling then the judge needs to be taken off the case.

This also reminds me of the time this dealership wrecked my fathers car while my dad was test driving a new model. Each time he wanted his car back they kept giving him better and better deals so after the third time still giving my father a better deal they finally confessed the dealer drove his car and wrecked it. Even the news program "7 on your side" would not help investigate this as the local dealership was paying for million dollar commercials so it would be against the stations best interest.

Again a conflick over morality and justice.

Companies have lost their soul and will screw over the single individual no matter what big or small.

Can't wait to hear the verdict on this case.

3. Tom Paine
    Boffin

SpaceX

Actually - little known fact - SpaceX have signed contracts with NASA to fly unmanned supply missions to the ISS using Falcon-IX. (see e.g. http://www.space-travel.com/reports/NASA_Awards_Multi_Billion_Dollar_ISS_Supply_Contracts_999.html .) The first test launch was due this summer, but looks likely to slip due to some (unspecified) discovery when they first attempted to mount a dummy payload to the first flight hardware. Having had the first three Falcon-1 launches let out the magic smoke and produce very expensive firework displays in the South Pacific, they're not keen to lose nine engines on a first F-9 launch.)

See http://www.spacex.com/updates.php for lots of eye-candy (if you're a serious spacegeek, anyway. Oh hi!)

4. RichardB

Elon Musk

sounds like a good name for a manly aftershave.

5. Mike Powers

The 21st Century's Howard Hughes

I've heard Elon Musk described as a contemporary version of Howard Hughes. I've done so myself.

Unfortunately, it seems like maybe this comparison extends to the negative as well as the positive.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Inachu

I'm curious as to how the dealership "wrecked" your father's car. Call me paranoid, but when I test-drive a new car, the keys to my current wheels stay firmly in *my* pocket.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like