back to article US gov ordered to play ball in state secrets case

"This is a lawsuit, not a career, Mr. Coppolino," a rather exasperated Judge Vaughn Walker explained in court today, chiding the lead counsel for the Justice Department, Anthony Coppolino, as Mr. Coppolino's stony-faced counterpart from the National Security Agency, Timothy Stinson, sat silently at his side. Why obey court …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Joe User

Welcome to the American justice system

And I use that word (justice) loosely....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

put 'em in jail

Until they do as the court ordered. then start calling in their aides and accomplices and doing the same. eventually you'll sweep the streets clean of government scum..

3. Schultz
    Black Helicopters

Play ball?

Looks like the government is playing ball all right, but no, they won't play with you, and they won't share the ball either.

Ooh, and they decided that the whole world is their own, exclusive playground -- just in case you thought about playing with someone else.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

RE: put 'em in jail

Hear hear!

I always thought that what was supposed to happen to people who fail to obey a court order, why are these guys getting special treatment?

Or alternatively, if one side of a case fails to cooperate they could simply find in the other side's favor.

5. Brian Milner

> most unique

Qualifying a superlative. Ugh!

6. Walking Turtle
    Coat

Jail Time for the G-Men?

Oh YES Your Honor! Please, YES. WE the PEOPLE of these terrorwar-assaulted and Untied States are WEARY as can BE of being evermore ruled over and overruled, over and over and over again, by pinstripe-clad Phederal tinpot twatdangles such as these!

The trouble with them all is only, y'see, that they all tend to become all nervous and terrified and fulla' bullyboy shriekdown kinderscheiss at the mere sheer *prospect* of any emerging GOOD EXAMPLE actually making it out inyto the Light of Day.

That is correct, Your Honor! Infandous indeed, but it is now so. For setting and keeping to the Best Civick Example Ever Made Available under Heaven, We the People are now tagged "Terrorist" by these Florcheim Imperialists and DHS toady-bums. Ah, but jail is still by rights for SECOND-raters, now is it not just, Your Honor?

Indeterminate Minimum Sentence for all such, PLEASE, with time off for successful completion of Civics and American Government 101, even though that course was last taught in the US school system about 1973 or so, then abandoned amid a blaze of Writhing Telly-Vision Spandex and Fashionable Designer Druggage while the Friedman Chicago School Fraudulent International Securitization Finance Ponzi-Go-'Round was at last cranked up to full whirling "Just-Runnit-om-Empty" tilt.

Additional time off recommended, Your Honor, for ANY such Phederal defendant EVER becoming able to demonstrate POSITIVE commitment to as well as competent proficiency in the Bill of Rights. Until then, AWAY with them ALL to Deepest Darkest Club Fed! Oath-breaking KNAVES of the WORST sort, these ones!

WHAT? The CONSTITUTION and Bill of RIGHTS is now OUTLAWED TOO? (Ohyuh. Bush Legacy Executive Orders, left not-yet-rescinded...) But Your HONOR...

Mine's the Secret Suit Coat with the Suitably Secret Doctrines in the Secretly Suitable Pockets. Nope, y'can't spot 'em. They're Secret. Stick out all over the place in every direction, they do, 'cause they're just so durn secret. (Gottit.)

7. Phil Koenig
    Thumb Up

Bravo Walking Turtle

I nominate that last missive for "Comment of the Year" status... :-)

8. Walking Turtle

@Bravo Walking Turtle

Phil Koenig posted, on Saturday 6th June 2009 20:54 GMT as follows:

> I nominate that last missive for "Comment of the Year" status... :-)

Thank you for that signal honor, Friend Koenig. Nomination accepted; one only hopes the core point is well taken all up and down the Non-Faulty Shear Line of Genuine Human Intelligence, so to term it, all the way to the point of Restorative Corrective Action. Minus that, I think we got right near bupkus left to fall back on in times of Rampant Abject Tyranny, be it of the velvet- or steel-glove variety.

CotYear? OK. Again, thanks! Miz Bee'll flog it herself if Herself really really likes it, of course. ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.