back to article Ex-OLPC security man rocks up at Apple

One Laptop Per Child's former top security architect started a new job at Apple earlier this week. Ivan Krstic joined the Cupertino-based firm on Monday. In his new role, Krstic will try to prevent hacker attacks against the Mac operating system. "I have - at long last - found my new adventure," he wrote in a blog post. " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dr. Vesselin Bontchev
    Flame

Prevent, huh?

"try to prevent hacker attacks against the Mac operating system"?! That's like trying to prevent the sunrise. Perhaps the author meant that he will try to develop protection from them.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pwn2Own in 2 seconds

"try to prevent hacker attacks against the Mac operating system" - He has a task I do not envy!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Mac

He obviously knows that nothing could improve the security of Windows.

It's perfect, or so I heard.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Good for them

I'm glad to see Apple is taking seriously the increased risk that Macs are being subjected to. It is something that they had to start doing eventually and became doubly important once they moved into the x86 arena. The combination of a *NIX based OS and what really is commodity hardware they are operating on now opens up a world of security issues they haven't had to face before. So the addition of Mr. Krstic is a good sign.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like