Not mentioned in the artical but the return address on the enveloppe was:
1 Microsoft Way
A building at the heart of Apple's Cupertino campus was evacuated on Wednesday after an employee discovered a mysterious envelope of white powder. As reported by The San Jose Mercury News, fire crews visited Apple's 4 Infinite Loop at 3:30pm, donning hazardous material gear before entering the building. Sargent Don Morrisey …
Given that Macs are known to crack up, cach fire and spew benzine and other hazardous chemicals out of the air vents, perhaps this was the envelope that Steve Christ pulled the Mac Air out of that time, and it simply shed some asbestos or something whilst inside?
If this was a kebab house it would be closed down by the environmental health, so why isn't this happening to Apple?
When I worked in a financial services company here in Edinburgh, a member of the support team told me a of an incident involving a sticking keyboard belonging to one of the Traders.
The keyboard was subsequently found to have quantities of "a soluble white powder" gumming up the keys. Suspicions abounded, the traders were known to live on caffeine, and so, sure as 2+2=5 theories about someone moving up to something stronger were bandied about.
The tea lady solved the mystery - the trader concerned was indeed addicted, but not to coke or whizz, instead to sugared doughnuts, and refused to use a plate.
Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021