back to article Mozilla update quashes nine bugs

Mozilla released an updated version of Firefox on Tuesday that addressed nine security flaws, one of which earns the dreaded 'critical' rating. The critical flaw addressed by Firefox 3.09 involves a memory corruption problem. The two "high-risk" flaws involve same-origin violation security bugs. The other six moderate or low …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Viner Silver badge
    Joke

Oh no...

...not another update. I'm so sick of these updates that waste almost 15 seconds of my time, I'm going back to IE 3/Mosaic/whatever.

Just thought I'd say it before some clueless idiot (who actually means it) does - bet I'm too late though ;-)

2. David Viner Silver badge
    Happy

First!

Whoopee!

Hey, where is everyone? Watching the budget? Sad....

3. Greg

@David

Hahahaha, second.

Man, I hate "first" posters. Well done, you wrote a complete nothing on a blank canvas. You know what that makes you? That makes you Benjamin.

http://everything2.com/title/Benjamin%2527s%2520Book

4. Colin Morris
    Stop

@First!

Where is everyone? .... I was trying to fix our departments printer/copier.... you know... like ... doing actual work?........

... and now I have to go and extract another version of Firefox 3.0.x and install it via sms 2003 on all our machines.... after testing it of course..... you know... surfing web sites such as el Reg and the BBC etc... you know, to make sure this version works before rolling it out... before the next update gets released in two weeks time or so... etc....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@Greg

I love "first" posters.

They take quite a risk in declaring themselves "first", not knowing if someone else has already posted as they click that "Post comment" button. Therefore David, I salute you. I could never be that brave.

However, I do slightly resent David's sarcasm.

I have 30 school computers that I must think about updating tomorrow. Firefox updates can be a right pain when run on Windows machines with multiple accounts. I'm seriously thinking about uninstalling Firefox and replacing it with Lynx 2.8.6.

That'll help the blighters* do some work for a change.

Mwu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa.

* teachers.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

First posters (and more)

Nooooo, please, not the stupid 'first poster' virus, it's effectively killed the discussions on TheDailyWTF and no doubt many other sites, please not here too ....

Whilst the FF click-here auto-notifier is fine for home machines, I can imagine it's a pain in the network-support area.

Maybe Moz should come up with some revolutionary idea like, ooh, I don't know, a service that automatically runs on the machine, detects whether there are any updates, and downloads and installs them automatically. They could call it, uuummmm, Firefox Update, how about that.

Nobody would ever possibly complain about the consequences of a service like that would they!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Yes, but...

Have they fixed the AwfulBar?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like