back to article Microsoft rallies Google-averse on pubCenter

Microsoft has thrown its challenger to Google's Adsense open to public testing while trying to rally partners. The company's pubCenter has been released to US beta testers following long-running private tests. Senior product marketing manager Kevin McCabe called the beta a "great opportunity" for web site owners to shape an " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. BlueGreen

"...we plan to offer an excellent, compelling alternative in this competitive field,"

which will be in my blocklist so fast you'd think it was a coked-up cheetah with waterskis on a lake of baby oil.

Ads are gross but sites need to support themselves somehow. We really need a grown-up discussion on a micropayments alternative. It's either adverts, micropayments, or the death of many quality sites on the web. I don't see a fourth option and I truly don't want the third.

2. kenzie
    Happy

Sounds good :)

I don't mind online ads, it beats paying to use websites and in some cases they are useful, especially alongside a search engine. A way to customise those ads makes sense, as they can then be giving us what we want to see. We get what we want, and so do the companies ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like