back to article Google euthanizes radio ad biz

There's no denying Google has a talent for building a monopoly in the search-ad biz. The question whether it has a talent for anything else. Less than a month after murdering its print ad programs, Google has given up on radio ads as well. This morning, with an Official Google blog post, the company said it will soon "phase …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tam Lin

Alta Vista, baby

Thirteen years ago, DEC's Altavista was a great search engine - but that was before DEC became lax, the internet became gamed, and it became useless. Similarly, Google Search had one trick, on one pony ride, a long time ago.

Google Search's subsequent and continuing failure didn't require a lack of development or cheater links, for it never could search beyond the stinking pile of its own hubris. Not that it needs to, for it has morphed into a seller of misleading ads to buyers of shallow integrity targeting the most naïve of Home Shopping Network's clientèle; it is now the eBay of search engines, the Microsoft Vista of innovative technology.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Google Knol?

I think the next on the chopping block would be Google Knol

3. Kin Enriquez
    Pirate

Google Knol?

i wont be surprised if Google Knol is the next in the chopping block

4. jake Silver badge

Google?

Who with any clue ever sets up a computer for the clueless that can access Google?

Serious question ...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You're right, Google is starting to suck...

As all public companies of this size inevitably do. What's next? I tried Alta-Vista for a while, the day that the internet broke, but that still pretty much sucks too =(

6. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Terrible article

"Some might argue that even if Google's ad talents stop at search, it has a knack for online software, platforms, and APIs. But if you've actually used apps like Gmail or Google Docs, this is hard to say with a straight face."

I was generally under the impression that Gmail was very highly rated. We Google Docs all the time, and it is very reliable and has become essential.

7. Onionman

@Tam Lin

Oh, and yes, it finds what you're looking for. Normally at or near the top of the (unsponsored) results.

O

8. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

They exist!

The Gdata Centers... They're up in the clouuuuddddss!!!

You can see them at night, staring...

(Where's that aManFromMars comment icon again?)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC re: Terrible article

Look at the byline. The content shouldn't really be a shocker.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like