back to article NetApp restructures after $75m loss

NetApp a turned in $75m loss in the third quarter after corporates went on a buying strike and the firm took a $128m hit from a dispute with a US government agency Revenues for its fiscal 2009 third quarter (Q3 fy09), which ended on January 23, were $746m, down 16 per cent year on year. Excluding the GSA dispute accrual the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Marty McFly Silver badge
    Alert

Yeah, I'm a hater...

We bought five of those NetApp StoreVault appliances a year ago. The interface wasn't even finished - buttons & check boxes did nothing. This was acknowledged by their tech support who instructed us how to accomplish the task via the command line interface. To add insult to injury, once our initial 30-day support was up, we were no longer entitled to updates which would fix their incomplete product.

How much disk does the average enterprise buy every year?? Our needs have increased 50% year over year.

Let me tell you this..... Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me. NetApp will NOT be getting an RFP the next time we go shopping.

Given this shoddy customer treatment and dismal product offerings, it does not surprise me they had a net loss and are restructuring.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Last week...

you wrote a gushing article about how briliant NTAP were. Not looking so cleaver now, eh.....

3. Ben Goodyear

Whatever happened to...

...the lawsuit with Sun?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021