back to article iPhone Nano arriving in June?

Some careless words - or carefully planned ones, depending on how you look at it – thought to have come from a United Arab Emirates telco executive may have uncovered the launch date for the iPhone 3G’s successor. When Mark Davis, Program Director for iPhone at Etisalat, announced on Monday that the iPhone 3G would launch in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jerome
    Jobs Horns

Updates

"Apple likes to issue updated products year in, year out"

...and often does this by releasing the same product as the previous year but with some of the features removed, or using lesser grade components.

2. Patrick

Hope its on all networks

I hope that Apple let all networks sell the next one. I hate the fact its only on 02 over here in the uk.

But I have a 16gb 2nd gen ipod touch so not in to much of a rush to get the next one...

On contract with T-mobile and would like to use an iphone with them thats not jail broken..

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Silly

"and since Apple likes to issue updated products year in, year out, it's reasonable to assume that any iPhone successor will debut then."

Come on. iPhone nano - how will you type, it's hard enough on the iPhone already !

Upgrade to iPhone in June? What can they possibly do - perhaps upgrade the optics/camera electronics. I can't see what else they can do that isn't possible with a software patch on the current iPhone 3G (e.g. copy/paste). They can't make it smaller, it's thin enough. Perhaps some more memory but really, what else is feasible?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Just a misleading headline

What's the news? Everybody is expecting an iPhone refresh in June anyway. And no word about the nano.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Just a misleading headline

It's called "getting buzz-words in" - like every laptop review a few months back just had to name-drop the Eee, Air, etc. It's done to draw traffic towards sites (El Reg is not alone) from people stupid enough to search for such terms and blindly click on the first link they find.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like