back to article Paris Hilton correctly identifies UK Prime Minister

Paris Hilton has pulled off a bit of a blinder at the London launch of her ITV2 show Paris Hilton's British Best Friend by fingering Gordon Ramsay as Prime Minister, the Telegraph reports. The talented amateur grumble vid performer responded to a request to name the PM with a confident: "I had lunch at his restaurant yesterday …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cris Wilson
    Coat

Where's the Jacqui Smith angle?

I for one welcome our new blond airhead overlords.

2. Tony Green

When Paris was unwelcome

Some months ago, I found a superb story in the Dutch Telegraaf newspaper (http://tinyurl.com/5vra7n)

As it's in Dutch, here's my translation:

* Paris Hilton jeered off *

"Amsterdam - Paris Hilton was booked for the birthday party of a spoiled teenager, because Britney Spears cancelled. The guests were not enthusiastic...

When the party pig (the daughter of designer Christian Audigier) stood on the stage she cried "Do you want to see Paris Hilton?" The answer she got was not quite what she expected... Loud booing and jeering was the result. Paris left the podium in tears."

3. Dennis
    Thumb Down

pan botherer

"We're sure the foul-mouthed pan botherer is delighted to have been promoted from the kitchen to head of the Cabinet"

I think not. Why would Mr F-word want to take a massive pay cut? And be responsible for allowing the recession to occur?

4. TeeCee Gold badge
    Thumb Up

How ignorant is that!

How could she possibly get it that wrong? Gordon Ramsay is a clueless gobshite who makes you want to put your boot through the telly whenever he appears on it, whereas Gordon Brown..........hang on a tic.......now *I'm* confused......

<Wikitapitty>

Ah, got it! The one that's Prime Minister has never been awarded any Michelin stars as he only eats pies rather than cooking them.

5. Fab De Marco

awww

bless

6. Gaz
    Paris Hilton

Help

For some reason I still find Paris attractive and her stupidity strangely endearing. I think there is something wrong with me...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A simple play on words

Gordon Ramsay - Browns Restaurant.

It's new style cockney rhyming slang.

Still, Mr Ramsay would probably make a better PM, then the PM unelected is.

8. Tim

Hmmm

Is TV really this desperate to fill airtime nowdays? May I suggest they would get better ratings by placing me with 11 cute girls (we'll skip the other chap) and I will give them various "tests" to perform too.

Oh, I suspect this, er, story will pop up again on Friday. It will be interesting to see where the Somali pirates come into it

Tim#3

9. Neil Greatorex

Who commissioned this FFS?

More to the point, who's going to watch it?

I know ITV2 is not generally acknowledged as being a hotbed of intellectual programming, however this takes the biscuit.

You need a new icon; Paris with the word twat tattooed back to front on her forehead.

10. Robert Ramsay

awful. Just awful.

that is all. Thank you for your time.

11. steogede

Not so impressed

When I read the first bit of the story I was quite impressed that she correctly referred to him (even if it was the wrong him) as the Prime Minister and not the President - more than most Americans would probably have managed. Ofcourse it had to be too good to be true, she was merely responding to the question 'can you name the prime minister?'.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Frankly...

I think Ramsay couldn't make a worse job than the current joke we have. PM's questions would be a lot more entertaining too!

13. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

And the relevance is because....

We have a Paris Hilton icon?

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Paris, Paris, Paris,

What would we do for a laugh without you? (although maybe she's got a point and gobshite Ramsay WOULD do a better job as PM).

15. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Full marks ...

... for "foul-mouthed pan botherer", although I prefer the shorter form of "arsehole"

Paris, for obvious reasons as well as the fact that I'm not keen on her either.

16. Paul Crawford Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

@Where's the Jacqui Smith angle?

How about Amy for home secretary?

Can't be much worse than whacky Jacqui, probably more grounded in reality, and can have a decent go at 'challenging Churchill' on the consumption of port...

Icon - no choice really?

17. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

And who says.....

...Gordon Ramsey doesn't rule our lives?

Paris, because she'll go an extra inch to help you out.

18. Peyton
    Heart

not to open a can of worms

But there was an article t'other day that led to much wailing and gnashing of teeth about the US swiping Brit shows... In retaliation, it seems you have swiped the PH BFF show from us?

LOLOLOLOL OMGWTFBBQ!!!111!! that's the best you could do?!?!

Sorry - couldn't help myself. I know the Reg lot would have absolutely nothing to do with this choice (well, aside from those that are willing to watch PH for the (alleged) eye candy factor ;) It's a toss-up today between the heart and flame icon... hmmm...

19. The Envoy
    Alert

Filthy rich and making money by just being there

And apparently people like Paris get PAID to grace parties with their presence. Not just a fiver either but thousands of dollars...

Is this a weird world or what?

20. gjw
    Happy

So P.H.

was looking for "someone who was real". Isn't that what they call a chutzpah?

21. Anthony Mark
    Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton isn't stupid.

In fact, I'm growing more and more sure that the opposite is true and that she is an extremely intelligent and artuiculate woman.

Let's face it, would she have half the fame or be making anywhere near as much money now if she hadn't leaked her sex tapes or didn;t keep playing up to the airhead blonde stereotype? Very canny, methinks.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@nonymous Coward Posted Wednesday 28th January 2009 16:00 GMT

You spanner, you've not been here long have you?

23. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Paris Hilton isn't stupid.

She's a bit like GW Bush (also not nearly as stupid as he appears) in that she uses other people's perceptions of her to great effect. Lots of women take advantage of the fact that people think they're stupid. She's made a whole career out of it, and yeah, I think she's a fairly brilliant businesswoman. And she makes it look like she does absolutely nothing too.

I can't say 'no one is really that stupid', though, because many, many people really are that stupid. They just generally don't make any money at it unless they're exceptionally beautiful and have a great team of people doing everything for them, and then they don't last this long. How long ago was that sex tape? Long long ago. About three decades in celeb-years.

24. George Forth
    Happy

Gay?

The chap is surely gay because because Paris' boyfriend didn't wants straights? I suppose it's logically correct, but the surefire way to identify him as gay is to look at him and listen to him, judging by the short clip from the trailers running on TV.

25. Jon
    Paris Hilton

Irony

And the greatest irony is that we don't credit an American who actually understands irony.

26. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@Sarah

GW Bush (also not nearly as stupid as he appears)

I am sorry but having lived through his mess - I think that he is dumber then he looks.

Paris might be smarter.... I have seen some of the funny things she has done - and there appears to be a deep sense of humor in her.

Paris - cause I am still male

This topic is closed for new posts.