back to article Edifier Luna 5 iPod speaker

MP3 player speaker rigs aren't exactly rare these days, but they have an annoying habit of falling into two categories. On the one hand, you have the 'sounds great but blow me its expensive' devices such as B&W's Zeppelin. On the other, you have nasty little 80-quid plastic boxes that have all the audio fidelity of two empty …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iPhone compatibility?

Seriously and with no desire to start a flamewar: Could reviews of iPod-speaker-type products please tell us whether they're iPhone-compatible or not? Thanks.

(I'm guessing this one isn't; most radio ones are not...)

2. Tom
    Thumb Down

No thanks.

I'll stick to my KRK RP5's, thats for sure. What on earth is the point in having expensive or "good quality" speakers for playing mp3's through anyway? Its only ever going to sound as good as the source, so in the case of mp3's absolutely rubbish for anything other than casual/background listening.

3. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

@AC

Alas we can't bung all our freelance writers iPhones so they can test every single dock permutation, but Edifier tells us that, yes, the Luna 5 is compatible with the iPhone.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

I welcome our alien overlords...

Sorry, just glanced at the thumbnail version of the illustration and realized that it looks like a black version of the Mekon or (for the US readers), some other Area 51 visitor. Does anyone else see the resemblence (although a colleague here says it's more like a characture of one of the Cylons out of the new Battlestar Galactica)?

(Coat icon because I just realised I must go and get an eye test soon).

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Nice touch

"Typical of Edifier's attention to detail: when you switch the Luna 5 off the volume quickly runs down the scale to zero rather than just cutting off abruptly - a nice, if peripheral design touch."

Or, a voltage stabilising capacitor running dry and a happy side-effect? :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like