back to article Wi-Fi comes to school buses

A bus ride to school has suddenly become a much more hi-tech affair for some lucky Birmingham pupils. A local bus firm’s just rolled out double-decker Wi-Fi, and has also launched an RFID ticket trial. The Big Green Bus Company, which runs school bus services, now offers free Wi-Fi access on all its 23 routes in Birmingham, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard

Nice idea .. wish they had it when I were a lad

The "Red Arrow" bus service which runs between Chesterfield and Derby/Nottingham recently added a free Internet wifi service to its fleet ... and I sometimes glimpse it on my wifi radar as it "speeds" past in the traffic 8-)

2. KenBW2
    Stop

Erm

School pupils aren't allowed phones, games consoles, laptops etc at school...

3. Tim Bates

Way ahead of them at Monash

They've been doing this since October on Monash Uni shuttle buses in Australia.

I guess that means Australia isn't as far behind the rest of the world as we think :P

4. Peter Holgate
    Paris Hilton

Idiot

for KenBW2

You're an idiot - just because they aren't allowed, do you think that stops them -- if you do you're as naive as the rest of the government education organisation.

And you're dumber than Paris

5. David Hicklin Bronze badge

Re: Erm

They are allowed phones at my daughters school - just don't use them [= switch off] during lessons or else they will be taken & held until the end of the day.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like