back to article Microsoft opens Vista SP2 testing window

Microsoft has unfurled a test version of Windows Vista Service Pack 2, intended for hardcore tech developers and fans only. The announcement follows reports earlier this week that appeared to reveal when MS plans to release Vista SP2 to manufacturers. Windows management veep Mike Nash said on the corporate Vista blog …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not strictly related I know but...

Stop using "veep". Despite there being no such bloody word its like annoying "txt spk" but in reverse!!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In before

"I installed the beta and it wrecked my machine! MS and Vista both suck!"

3. Steven
    Paris Hilton

Standard comments follow

*insert Microsoft rubbish comment*

*insert Use Apple/Ubuntu instead*

*complain about operating system based on the opinions of others without ever having tried it myself*

*blame Microsoft for lack of drivers for products belonging to other companies*

*insert random Paris witicism here*

4. blue
    Coat

sp1

But I've only just managed to install sp1 after being forced into a complete reinstall due to some audio drivers that even when uninstalled still prevented the install of sp1!

I had to figure out what was wrong and do it on my own. The assistance of Microsoft's advisors was an endless series of pointless time-wasting hoops to jump through.

Will I get this same great Vista experience - 'I'm not doing it and I won't tell you why although obviously it's a known quantity otherwise how would I know to do it' - with sp2?

*Hey, Bill, get your filthy hands outta my pockets!*

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Ummmm....

More lipstick on this pig, but its still a pig.

This topic is closed for new posts.