back to article iPhone beats RIM for reliability, sales, consumer favour

Apple's iPhone 3G was the US' most popular consumer handset in Q3, helping the company become the world's number two smartphone supplier in the same quarter. Oh, and business users reckon the iPhone more reliable that BlackBerries and Palms. Market watcher NPD today revealed that during Q3, the iPhone brought to an end the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Efros
    Paris Hilton

Apparently

They all suck as far as reliability is concerned.

Efros

Paris cos she knows what sucks.

2. Tim Cook

Apparently

The Iphone isn't all that bad after all. Whodathunkit.

3. Rob

indeed

as my girlfriend learnt on saturday when she turned hers on to be greeted by . . . . no icons, well, an uninstalled but still showing as -not quite installing yet, 'jelly car' icon, and , , no others, not even in the space along the bottom for mail etc, had to to a restore to get it back to factory, what a pile of crap, mine does my head in more and more every day, the edge one was fine, the 3g is a sack of goat turds

4. Gulfie
    Flame

@Efros

The statistics do not lie... have you handled as many iPhones as the company quoted? Evidence please... otherwise your sweeping generalisation is worthless.

5. Chris iverson

So what you are telling me

Is that it is winning the most whizzy device award at meetings. Yawn...going back to work

6. Mick F

A Still Phone

Another article on a crap phone. Still no voice bluetooth, still no cut & paste, still no video, still a crap camera, still no security to talk about - still a toy and nothing more.

Is that another scratch on your iToy?

7. David Kelly
    Happy

market share

"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance. If you actually take a look at the 1.3 billion phones that get sold, I'd prefer to have [Windows Mobile] in 60% or 70% or 80% of them, than I would to have 2% or 3%, which is what Apple might get."

Steve Ballmer - April 2007

8. Efros
    Thumb Down

@Gulfie

Statistics lie all the time, that's why we use them! They all suck was directed at all models of smartphone not just the jesus phone. Now go off and bother some PC people fanboi.

Efros

9. Mark Dowling

Blackberry reliability

Ones which "broke" just as successor models like Curve and Bold came out shouldn't count :)

On a more serious point, most BB failures of those I manage are wheels, buttons and so on. RIM offers form factor choice Apple doesn't yet, and with the Storm is now matching the touchscreen offering.

10. Scott Mckenzie

@Mick

I love my Toy, it's great to read my emails on, watch videos i download to it, surf the web properly, read ebooks, listen to my iPod library.

The camera is adequate... no phone in a camera is that great, for camera purposes i have a camera, they're quite good in that respect.

As for no security, jump off the bandwagon.... their is perfectly adequate security for 99% of people. With our infrastructure at my company we have exactly the same issues with remote wipe etc, the limiting factor is SBS 2003 and not the device.

Then again, as an iPhone user i'm clearly wrong on all counts, as are all the other users, key phrase there being "user" as i'm guesssing that you've probably played with one for an hour or so and are consequently an expert advising Steve himself on where to go next.

Move along.

11. Adrian
    Happy

The iphone..

is just another phone, yet articles about it always generate lots of strong emotions.

So, calm down it's just an electronic device, some like it some dont

12. richard
    Stop

icantbearsed

apparently 38% of statistics are made up, so where does this story fit in?

13. bigfoot780
    Paris Hilton

iphone rage

An article about iphone is on el reg here come the flame wars !!!! I like it just wished Safari would be more reliable.

Paris cos shes thin and does pretty things but doesn't have much substance.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like