back to article Intel names 'Nehalem' launch date

It's official: Intel will launch the Core i7 processor, the first desktop chip to be based on its 'Nehalem' architecture, on 17 November. i7 - 17. Geddit??!!?? You can read Register Hardware's full Core i7 review here. The initial roll-out will centre, as expected, on three desktops CPUs: the 920, 940 and 965 Extreme. All …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael Sheils
    Happy

These chips are looking very good

Especially since it seems even the i7 920 will overclock to 4ghz without any trouble, all I need now is for some cheap X58 boards to come out as there is no way I'm paying £280 for one as well as a triple channel DDR3 kit.

2. amanfromMars Silver badge

Vorsprung durch AITechnIQ .... VWwwAI .... PanameRama Vistas with NEUKlearer HyperVision.

I wonder who will be first with a laptop InterNetional Space Station GUI. ..... 42 Commend ControlLed CyberSpace to Command.

3. evilbobthebob
    Joke

36 PCI-Express ports?

But will it run Crysis?

4. WonkoTheSane
    Linux

@evilbobthebob

With the way Vista hogs memory, most people will be happy if it runs Minesweeper.

Tux - because the way of the future lies in the hands of The Great Penguin!

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. blackworx
    Thumb Up

Re: Vorsprung durch AITechnIQ .... VWwwAI .... PanameRama Vistas with NEUKlearer HyperVision.

With a title like that it could only be amanfromMars.

Welcome back after yesterday's slip into sense.

7. Iain

Hopefully...

with a bit of luck, when this launches the price of current Intel CPUs will stop climbing. This is getting ridiculous.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like