back to article Navman S30

There’s no shortage of bargain satnavs that are capable of guiding you from A to B. Navman hopes the 3D landmarks on its entry-level model will be enough to have you driving its way. When we took Navman’s recession-busting S30 out for a spin at the tail end of 2007, we were impressed with its no-nonsense approach to navigation …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Flame

Listed on the box, but not actually available

That's a good indicator of a company that doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground, and I'd pretty much instantly return it to the store.

The last time I've run into that situation (with an XM radio) the promised hardware never appeared, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

2. Jay
    Boffin

Postcode or to the door?

So does it route to postcodes only or to the street and door number?

3. Dougal
    Stop

Really

Are we that spoiled that you mark a sat nav down because its screen is "only" so big? Seriously, it gets you to your destination, and unless you need a trip to the opticians then the screen is perfectly fine. Really, why the hell do you need a media player on a sat nav too? I'm all for reviews, but lets get real.

Oh and yes it does take you to your door.

4. N1AK

@Dougal

It's a regular feature of El Reg reviews to mark cheap products down for not including "nice to haves".

To be fair to this review, the overall score seemed to fairly reflect the product quality vs price. The TT1 and Garmin devices are both better for the price.

5. Robert Grant

Or...

...CoPilot Touch Diamond Edition, including free speed camera updates from Alk.

Best if you have a Diamondesque VGA touchscreen, obviously.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like