back to article Koreans create dancing droid

Korean boffins have created a robot that can, they claim, can dance. 'Your plastic pal who's fun to be with' here at last, we wonder. Dance Away Mahru: play that funky music, white-bot Image courtest Daily Chosun The mechanical man's called Mahru, and it can wave its arms around while trundling around on two legs. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

To hell with that...

When will they build a robot with which you can have sex? I'm not getting any younger here!

2. Adam Foxton
    Joke

Asimo first?

What about Johnny 5?

*hums "more than a woman", offers fresh OJ not-from-concentrate.*

3. Stewart Cunningham
    Coat

...Pants on fire

"You said a robot's ability to move all of its limbs separately and simultaneously was a major step forward in creating a work 'bot."

No I bloody didn't! And I sure as hell didn't bum Jae either, whoever he/she is...

Is there a prize for the most obvious comment? Is there a prize for being the last person to make it?

4. J-Wick

"Smithers, release the robotic Richard Simmons!"

Come on, big boy! Shake that butter off those buns!

5. Jason Clery
    Thumb Down

video

What, no video?

6. Graham Marsden
    Coat

So the Korea Institute of Science and Technology...

... will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes...?

7. Ben
    Joke

RARE Video

Wow, that was hard to find.

</sarcasm>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTehuy7aNDQ

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@robot you can have sex with

It exists already Check out http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/22/android_begats_armageddon_machine/

9. Jason Clery
    Joke

@Ben

Wrong Ben. That's a news story and the robot is not dancing. You FAIL at the INTERNETZ

10. this

Why walk like that?

Can anybody explain the technical reason why all the humanoid robots I've seen so far walk as if they've just crapped themselves?

11. blackworx

@J-Wick

LMAO! Oh Richard, you entertaining little bundle of energy you!

@ Why walk like that? - Has to be for balance. Presumably their centre of gravity is much higher than fleshies and so when stepping forward they need to keep their top half quite far back to avoid toppling over. Mind you, if that were the case then presumably Dolly Parton would look like she'd just crapped herself too. Oh hang on...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like