back to article German cyberplods raid Pirate Party on Skype Trojan mole hunt

Bavarian cops have searched the office of a spokesman for the German Pirate Party (Piratenpartei Deutschland) hunting for a mole who leaked information on plans to develop a Trojan capable of eavesdropping on Skype conversation, according to local reports. Golem.de reports that an office in the home of Pirate Party spokesman …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom
    Unhappy

Might?

"there's also the worry that samples of the malware might fall into the hands of cybercrooks."

No might about it, I'm sure it will, but it's not that big a deal because I'm sure they already have something better...

2. paul
    Pirate

who is protecting who

By using tactics like this it makes you wonder who are they protecting?

Im certainly not scared of terrorists. The amount of fatalities by terrorists must be smaller than the amount of fatalities of people falling down the stairs.

3. Frank Thomas
    Stop

History repeats itself

Why is it that ever 50 years or so the Germans have to turn into <Censored by Godwins army> ?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lost in translation

1) The name of the poor guy is "Ralph Hunderlach"

2) "..plans..to develop.." that is the wrong time.

According to the article in golem they have already used the trojan. That is news because it is forbidden. Target of the trojan are all type of VoIP including skype.

The documents were leaked in January. That was reported in the register: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/29/skype_trojan/

5. michael

in fact

"Im certainly not scared of terrorists. The amount of fatalities by terrorists must be smaller than the amount of fatalities of people falling down the stairs."

if fact is is less then the amount of pepol killed by there underware

6. fishman

Freedoms

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

7. Bounty
    Pirate

hahaa

I will laugh if they manage to get the trojan to pass AV tests by cooperating wtih the AV vendors. Then once the hackers get it, they can use it with impunity.

Pirate, because well, they fixed the icon.... it has nothing to do with the story.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

boohoo

pigs can't spy on the populace as much as they want becouse of encryption and voip boohoo, my heart f-----g bleeds. If they're that miserable I hope they become an hero.

@in fact

How the hell does that happen??

9. heystoopid
    Paris Hilton

And yet

And yet the motor car kills one point two million souls annually across the planet and it is not called a terrorist as it is made of glass and steel and driven by a terrorist nut behind the wheel instead .

But who cares as it is viewed as a freedom machine and not a lethal weapon that it is ?

Choices , we have one chance in eighty of being killed by a car and the odds of being killed by any known terrorist group at any time is very low on the scale of that which can and does kill us in real life(fractionally higher in a few countries that have an evil practice of a combination of living in denial , deliberate abusive racism and economic repression of indigenous native populations though) ?

Now tell me again , just what they are trying to protect us from the imaginary what if rather than everyday life around us or are they all on a power grabbing ego trip of we know best when they don't even come close as they are just so dumb and stupid it defies description , as it does not appear to have been listed in my book of numbers ?

Or is the world being screwed up absolutely by adherents of the "peter principle" , that be another vexing question ?

10. Jesse Dorland
    Paris Hilton

Hyenas at work

Makes me wonder if so called spyware, and keyloggers are actually created by anti-virus companies just so they can installed monitoring software in our computers in cahoot with Big Brothers.

Paris because worshiping her doens't require repressing the libido.

11. Moss Icely Spaceport
    Alert

Ve haff vays off making you....

....tell uss everything!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@ who is protecting who

your not scared of falling down the stairs, I know I am... Looks like you've not been listening to the HSE ads on the radio. Falling down the stairs can ruin your LIFE.

PS: We need a "scared" icon.

13. Matt

@heystoopid

Seems you need some help with statistics. We do not face a 1 in 80 chance of being killed by cars!!!!

On the other hand I agree with the point you are trying to make.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@Michael - Underwear

Ah, it's all a huge ploy by the devious (and so subtly named) Triumph International!

/ Mine's the one with the application to join the force responsible with monitoring the murderous vestments

15. Steve Bush

German law actionable in UK

Since an Australian was arrested by British (hmm) police in Heathrow on a German "EU Warrant" for something which is totally not an offence in UK (along the lines of "publishing deliberately untrue historical information") these German attitudes are going to affect us all although I assume if it was a Brit being hauled off to a German court people would have something to say about it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like