back to article Oracle risks loss of influential BEA users

During its trumpeted webcast on plans for BEA Systems, Oracle's top brass stressed their commitment to middleware to keep the new flock happy. So it purchased BEA to expand Oracle's presence in Asia and Japan - that wasn't the point. President Charles Phillips and senior vice president of Oracle server technologies Thomas …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Gutter Press

Come on, Gavin - we all know you hate Oracle but this is pure tabloid journalism. The Server Side survey is so flawed (hint - read the comments) it doesn't merit looking at, let alone basing some unsubstantiated opinion-piece on. I guess that now Oracle have come out and said that they are going to promote WLS going forward (no big surprise there), some other FUD angle is needed.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Dammit!

I spent ages getting to grips with OAS, and now it's being phased out...

3. Robert Grant

Pff

Just use Tomcat :)

4. Justin Kestelyn

No forced migrations

Gavin, please do keep in mind that this survey, flawed or not, was conducted before the July 1 strategy Webcast (which could not have offered clearer direction, IMO). Would be interested to see the results of a post-July 1 survey (I'm sure we will).

Three key words, which perhaps you missed: "No forced migrations." What's not to like?

Justin Kestelyn

EIC, Oracle Technology Network

5. AlinTowe
    Paris Hilton

GLASSFISH is coming...

http://google.com/trends?q=glassfish%2C+jboss

Paris is crying because I just wasted four years on Oracle certs.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like