back to article Yahoo! deckchair! shuffle! filled! with! insight! and! clouds!

Trying to become less of an organizational disaster, Yahoo! has shuffled around some executives and even formed a cloud computing division. "Take that, activist shareholders, we've got everything under control." The people who brought you the botched Microsoft acquisition bid remain in charge. So, that's chief Yahoo! Jerry …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In related news... Icahn lost another bid

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/19/business/icahn.php

"BOSTON: The billionaire investor Carl Icahn lost his battle Thursday for control of the biotechnology company Biogen Idec as shareholders voted down his candidates for the board."

Gee they didn't want to hand control over to a puppet management of a minority investor that enriches himself... wonders will never cease.

2. Kevin Wagner

Oh, stop! My sides!

"The Technology organization led by CTO Ari Balogh will now work on "developing a world-class cloud computing and storage infrastructure; rewiring Yahoo! onto common platforms; and creating a stronger partnership between product and engineering teams." Which makes you wonder what Yahoo! has been trying to do to date."

I don't know if you meant that to be funny, but I gotta tell you, I laughed my ass off <grin>

I never cease to be amazed at how empty corporate-speak can be while using multi-syllabic words that imply some sort of understanding of the situation at hand without giving a clue that they do.

Re-arranging deck chairs? Perfect.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like