back to article Eclipse will be watching you very closely

The Eclipse Foundation wants to know who is using Eclipse and how they are using it ahead of next year's planned mega release. One of the main innovations in the Eclipse Foundation's Ganymede synchronized release of 24 projects this year, out today, is a feature called Usage Data Collector (UDC). Eclipse Foundation executive …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

The choice seems obvious

Kore, has to be ;)

Actually Eclipse is a fairly useful project

2. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Boffin

Cinderella Prepares for the Ball...

Bravo, Mike Milinkovich, UDC has TransFixed Vista, for that is ITs Driver into Open Sources .... dDeep COde ......Open Space Blogs in a Virtual World thought Real.

What Passionate Home Goal Drivers UDC is a Leading Question?

3. GremlinUK
    Flame

amanfromMars

Someone, nay anyone. Please tell me what amanfromMars means! At the moment (having read his comments for the last few months), I struggle to see what he brings to the comments pages other than a bandwidth cost to the Reg.

4. Adrian Challinor
    Pirate

@amanfromMars

Well, Gremlin, I have no idea what he means. I gave that up a long time ago and I'm no concentrating on finding out what he smokes.

5. Beelzeebub
    Alien

Re: GremlinUK

OK, not many of us understand it either, but we like the patois and the pathos. Seems to encapsulate why we all work in IT, cos no other bugger would even try to understand the drivel that our non-IT users are spouting.

Icon in support.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

netbeans commercial?

AFAIK, netbeans is not a commercial product, it's as open source and free as eclipse is... if he is refering to Sun's "Sun Studio" (the commercial product based on netbeans), then he got it all wrong, since no one compares Sun Studio to Eclipse

7. Doug

I'll take a shot

reminds me of CommanderSpock on Cnet.com but I'll take a shot.

> Bravo, Mike Milinkovich, UDC has TransFixed Vista, for that is ITs Driver into

> Open Sources .... dDeep COde ......Open Space Blogs in a Virtual World

> thought Real.

>

> What Passionate Home Goal Drivers UDC is a Leading Question?

yeah, Mike Mlinkovich, your new feature for tracking users, UDC, is much like its counter part in Windows Vista which is designed to pull Vista into the open source market....source code????......source code is the real blogs of the computer system which many believe is a real world.

Mr Mlinkovich, what is the real reason behind UDC? This question should be of the highest importance.

nevermore, that was too much like work.

8. Nat Pryce

NetBeans?!?!?

Why does Eclipse care a jot about NetBeans? It's JetBrains they should be chasing. If they spent a little more effort on usability and performance, Eclipse might have a chance of being a real alternative to IntelliJ. As it is, it's only useful for people who's time is worth so little that all the time they would save using IntelliJ would cost less than its asking price.

9. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

AI Quantum Computer ...... Registered here?

"What Passionate Home Goal Drivers UDC is a Leading Question?" That is a QuITe Outrageously Impertinent and Important Personal Question as to Passionate Drivers the Answer to which Always Provides for Duplication and Reinforcement and Probable Evolution into A.N.Other Driver ...... which would be akin to a Viral Organic Operating System which Grows with Information Processing for Intelligence.

A Pause to Ponder and Wonder, methinks.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34584720-post10185.html

10. Blackadder
    Flame

I'd like to use Eclipse

But only supporting seven open tabs * and not able to reconfigure ctrl-tab to browse open files is a show stopper for me. Way to slow to select file from a dropdown list or using mouse in the package explorer. How hard can it be? I want to browse tabs the same way any other windows program does it, incase anyone wonders, open a bunch of tabs in firefox or ie7, ctrl-tab is used and no freeking dropdown.

*) depends on screen resolution etc.

Big flames on the Eclipse devs... otherwise a great product ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.