back to article Edinburgh Fringe box office system goes titsup

Comedy lovers hoping to get their hands on tickets to this year’s Edinburgh Fringe festival have lost their sense of humour after discovering the company’s box office system went titsup on Monday. Tickets were supposed to be generally available to punters on 9 June, but festival organisers admitted today that they have been …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

It canny be the project managers fault...

...so it must be the contractors!

2. Ivan Headache

I'm struggling

to find the link between this story and one first listed underneath - that one about the dwarf, the superglue and the hoover.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tickets are on sale ....

Most of tickets have been on sale since the 7th using the other ticketing system in use at the fringe, VIA provided by Red61. This system is used by Assembly, Gilded Balloon, Pleasance and Underbelly

4. JakeyC

They were advertising the job...

They had a vacancy for a general DBA/Sys admin type role when I looked on Sunday.

It looks like they didn't find one in time...

5. Graham Marsden
    Coat

A voice was heard to say...

The servers canna take it, Captain!

6. Frank

@Ivan re. struggling with dwarf's todger

It happened in Edinburgh, hence the link between the two stories.

7. David

"Comedy lovers hoping to get their hands on tickets"

Why, did the problem not affect the hundreds of non-comedy shows on the Fringe?

8. Ben Alderson

The link to the dwarf story?

He's re-enacting his misfortunes at this year's Fringe. Tickets on sale tomorrow.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Pivotal Integration Ltd?

That's a damn good line, if ever I heard one.

Our department once formed an informal (but we pretty much stuck to it) policy never to buy from any company with the word 'solutions' in its name.

If anyone had called me saying that they represented Pivotal Integration --- I'd have just laughed.

The sad thing is that people don't have a clue how ridiculous they sound.

10. Dave Murray
    Happy

Festival Dirty Tricks?

"Glasgow-based Pivotal Integration Limited supplies box office software to the company"

Pretty obvious what the problem is right there... Pivotal must support Glasgow's Comedy Festival rather than those dour east-coasters. :D

11. andy rock

system platform?

linux? windows?

please provide details so i may scoff appropriately.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More fundamental problems...

Yup, there are some serious flaws in their IT strategy.

Take the Microsoft ticket tent they put up on the top of the Prince's Mall each year. You can't buy a ticket from the staff there -- you get to go on one of their computers and book one on the Fringe website.

All well and good -- but you need to confirm your email address, and there's no way to check your email from these computers. I signed up on their site in 2006 and last year tried to use the Ticket Tent, but I'd forgotten my password, which they dutifully sent to my hotmail account which I couldn't see!

Ridiculous!

13. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

@andy rock re: system platform

Mainly Red Hat

14. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Gilded Balloon's Website taking bookings.

I was able to book tickets on the Gilded Balloon's website. Worked a treat.

This topic is closed for new posts.