back to article Sanyo camcorders turns to tracking technology

If you’re the sort that hides whenever a camcorder’s brought out, then you’d better hope your friends don’t buy Sanyo’s latest model, because it features face-tracking technology. Sanyo_Xacti_HD1010_open Sanyo's HD1010 can track up to 12 faces The 1080i Xacti HD1010 camcorder’s “Face Chaser” feature is essentially face- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jonathan Richards

Pistol grip...

"so it might even look like you're holding a speed camera"

Of course, it might even look like you're holding a pistol. Since this looks like a pistol much more than a chair leg looks like a shotgun, I'd be careful in case some busybody on a bus feels like calling SO19.

2. Wayland Sothcott

Look at the ZOOM!

A 10x optical zoom is the same strength as binoculars. My Panasonic TZ3 still camera has this feature although it uses part of the zoom range to take wide shots.

This looks like a nice bit of kit. However you will probably get tazered for using it just because it's a video camera, let alone that it looks a bit like a gun.

3. Mad Hacker

Not the most exciting bit of kit

Ok, so for just a tad more you can move up to a 120GB Sony HDR-SR12 or a Canon HF100. I'd love to see you do a shootout with those against this camera.

Oh, and then there's the Red Scarlet due out in early 2009. That's the one I'm saving my wad for. It's a big wad though at close to $3,000 USD but if you check out the specs, the Scarlet should do to the camcorder market what the iPod did for the MP3 player market.... that is, reinvent the blessed thing.

4. jason
    Happy

These are good cams

I've used three different types of these Sanyo cams and they work very well. Quite why you would buy one of those boxy type camcorders I dont know. They sit in your jacket or jeans pocket well too.

I have managed to persuade a few of my mates to buy these rather than more expensive HD cams. Once I asked them "well would you care to watch anyones home movies even if they were HD?" Even your baby wont thank you for capturing it puking on its bib in HD in 20 years time.

Short candid clips is all thats needed for most of us.

This topic is closed for new posts.