back to article Discovery relief mission is go

Cross-legged ISS crew members will, hopefully, soon be able to relieve themselves fully into a Russian ASU toilet following the successful launch this evening of Space Shuttle Discovery which, as well as performing the useful task of delivering the second part of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency's Kibo laboratory to the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mario the plumber in space?

... go figure

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Bogspeed Discovery

And I'm not just taking the mickey.

3. Joe Cooper

Saw it live

Watched it live from about 180 miles away :) That thing is bloody fast. One second it's coming off the horizon, the next minute it's way off and yonder.

4. Dave

Plumbers

I bet there's one hell of a call-out charge for this emergency repair.

As for relieving people on board, I suspect they'll be relieving themselves as soon as they can.

5. anarchic-teapot

@Joe Cooper

What, the cludgie?

6. KenBW2
    Joke

That's a relief

"Discovery will also drop off new ISS crew member Greg Chamitoff and relieve Flight Engineer Garrett Reisman"

Pun intended I assume...

7. Joe Cooper

@anarchic-teapot

No, the shipment of new cludgie parts.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

talk about...

...taking the piss

9. FlatSpot

@Joe Cooper

Yeah the launches are pretty amazing, I got to see STS-112 - Shuttle Atlantis in 2002, the noise, speed and sight were spectacular.

Went back this year to tour the space centre, 2hrs on a bus and stopping at various sites around the complex, varying degrees of interesting but make sure the wife takes a book to read LOL ;)

Would highly recommend that anybody interested should get over to Florida while the dollar rate is high and before they retire the fleet!

RIP - STS-107, STS-51L

This topic is closed for new posts.