back to article Anti-Israel hackers deface central bank site

The Bank of Israel website has been restored after it was knocked off the internet last weekend in an attack blamed on anti-Israel hackers. The hackers defaced the bank's website on Thursday with anti-Israeli graffiti, written in Arabic. Normally the site of Israel's central bank carries currency exchange and interest rate …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The worlds smallest violin

I'm playing the worlds smallest violin....

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0428/breaking25.htm

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The site runs on an undisclosed platform, not identified by sites such as Netcraft.

It's Linux running nginx by the looks of things.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

why use netcraft...

when nmap is soooo much sweeter?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Anonymous Coward...

Just like those brave Hamas soldiers who fire their rockets from civilian buildings, knowing full well that any response has the potential to kill their people.

Hiding behind women and children would be called cowardice in the civilised world.

5. Iain Paterson
    Thumb Up

I Said, Mark It Zero

*Cocks 9mm*

Any Lebowski reference is a good Lebowski reference!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ the first AC

The third AC already addressed your idiotic post, but for some reason I feel compelled to talk to a wall and point out that there's a fairly solid chance the article you reference isn't even true.

Usually, western news articles about Israeli horror atrocities are sourced by - guess who! - Palestinian and hamas representatives!

Remember the big hooplah over the "mass graves" of West Bank residents? Complete fabrication. Of course, the retractions by the BBC, CNN, et. al were buried in the back pages, while the original stories were twenty point headlines for days.

So, it is indeed possible that the second AC is correct, and that the incident did, in fact, happen. But I wouldn't bet on it.

And I wouldn't bet on the truth getting in the way of antisemitism anytime soon, either. Oh well.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

antisemetism?

Lets not say that any comment that criticizes the military force that Israel uses and results in innocent deaths is due to anti-Semitism.. some people don't like to see state sanctioned killings is all.

8. Tony

@antisemetism?

"Lets not say that any comment that criticizes the military force that Israel uses and results in innocent deaths is due to anti-Semitism.. some people don't like to see state sanctioned killings is all."

So it would be ok if Israeli civilians returned the favor by launching un-guided missiles into Gaza instead?

9. cloudberry

hey, people!

This is supposed to be a joyous occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who, shall we?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think you'll find...

...that it was the Trolls who ambushed the Dwarfs, regardless of the false stories spread by the apartheight agents of the Pro Silicon Alliance.

11. Graham Marsden

@ I think you'll find...

Mr Shine

Him Diamond!

This topic is closed for new posts.