back to article Logica admits outlook uncertain

IT services group LogicaCMG admitted today that its outlook for 2008 remains uncertain as it posted full year results that were below market expectations. Pre-tax profit tumbled more than a quarter from £116.6m in 2006 to £84.1m for the year ended 31 December 2007. Adjusted operating profit was up two per cent to £207.6m …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Ah well,

Perhaps if they were actually up to the job in the first place they'd be better off.

Almost every single query we have from LogicaCMG people could be solved with some thought of their own. And on the rare occaision they do have cause to question our work they don't know what to say, it's usually something like "it's broke, you fix"...

UBER I.T. companies are really not the way forward...

Paris, because she's got more clout with me than Logica tecs...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

RE:Ah well

..at least most of them can spell...

3. Peter Mannell

Logica, Dogica

I got TUPE'd to them and they subsequently lost the contract. Fortunately for me I got TUPE'd to the company who got the contract.

Oh boy! am I glad to be away from that lot!! - Academics with the management skills of a dustman crossed with an old-fashioned trade unionist and the meanness of Scrooge. No wonder all their best people left!!

4. captain kangaroo
    Coat

RE: RE:Ah well

So i had an extra "i" in ocassion, a typo. At least i know how to use freakin ethereal.

You're not based at South Wales are you? Get a life, that mile long ethereal report you sent me 4 times without editing, actually shows that you CAN reach the "website" that I bet is not work related. There are massive http section that proves it. I point it out every time, and you still think it's our problem...

Here's your coat, I assume it's the one with the wrap around sleves with buckle fastners on the back.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

IlLogica

Having had the pleasure of working for a company that had support functionality outsourced to Logica, and also initial system development outsourced to them I am amazed they still have any clients.

The sheer level of incompetency we experienced from them was amazing - down to things like rebooting the wrong server, not following server start up procedures to actually monitoring the servers - a function we paid for yet ended up doing ourselves.

And the development side - well, the system cost several million pounds, suffered severe performance issues, never actually worked properly and was eventually scrapped with Logica then being sued for failure to deliver.

ET because you have to come from another planet to choose Logica!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Logica admits outlook uncertain"...

...that's why I switched to Eudora.

7. Andy Davies
    Coat

Oh dear

bring back Philip Hughes - is he still alive - am I?

He never needed a coat 'cos if it rained he put his bike in the boot of his roller <g>

AndyD 8-)#

This topic is closed for new posts.