back to article T-Mobile sells more than 70,000 iPhones

T-Mobile Germany has sold at least 70,000 iPhones, the German carrier announced this weekend. T-Mobile, part of the Deutsche Telekom group, launched the Apple handset in Germany on 9 November, and the figure reported on Saturday represents the number of customers who've signed up to its iPhone airtime package. Of course, sign …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How many iPod Touches in the same period?

So how many iPod touch s have been sold in the same period?

If you wanted a phone with a nifty browser, email, video, etc. why wouldn't you buy a phone and an iPod touch instead of the iPhone?

2. dervheid

How Many?..

Didn't think there were so many suckers out there! Still, I suppose it's a better phone than the P.O.S. U600 I'm currently stuck with.

3. Charlie Clark Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

70,000 in three months is not impressive

This includes all the fanboys (girls don't seem to want a jPhone) and the Christmas period.

Given that the German market is approxiamately 25% of the US market, 250,000 would have been more inline with US sales.

I know one jPhone own and one person who is thinking of getting one. The Gravis stores (largest Apple dealers) have stopped promoting the contracts. There will have to be a hefty discount to shift the inventory.

4. Steve Todd Silver badge

@AC

"If you wanted a phone with a nifty browser, email, video, etc. why wouldn't you buy a phone and an iPod touch instead of the iPhone?"

Because the iPod touch can only give you web, email, video etc when it is in range of a wireless hot spot. If it could use the phone as a bluetooth modem then you might have had a point, but it can't and there are large gaps in public WiFi access.

5. Charles Calthrop

1 comment per 1000 sales

70 comments, minimum.

Categories -

1) Lolz innit, applez rulez

2) Vista=shit

3) What about us linux boys

4) I've been looking at a sales figures breakdown...and XP is better

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021