back to article Don't expect privacy law overhaul in the wake of HMRC

Data protection, privacy and information law have never been so high profile as in recent months. Following the loss of 25 million people's personal details by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), there has been what seems like a tide of gaffe after slip-up, all resulting in private personal details spilling out into the public domain …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

UK Governments idea of privacy

Is to put a an RFID into everyone. To do this they will be using a ZX spectrum (see Wikipedia you young 'uns) coupled with an old Roberts Radio lovingly inserted into ones rectum. Tin foil hat anyone ?

2. Steve

Re: UK Governments idea of privacy

Surely it's tin-foil pants you'd want in that situation.

3. N

Well, what else do you expect?

From a government that cant organise a piss up in a brewery & changes virtually every facet of reality with some freshly devised statistics to demonstrate the complete opposite of whats really required.

4. The Other Steve

RE : Well, what else do you expect?

Well, actually I expected a rash of knee jerk legislation, introducing new 'tough' laws to replace the perfectly good existing ones that weren't followed in any case.

The fact that they might do nothing other than (quite sensibly) review their procedures is actually quite refreshing in the context of the current apparat.

Sad, but true.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

I stand by my previous comments.

Once all the data is in the public, HM Gov. will push the ID card as "The ONLY guarantee your identity is secure" and we'll all become Winston Smith of Oceania.

This topic is closed for new posts.