back to article Samsung YP-P2 personal media player

Believe it or not, 'yepp peetoo' is Samsung's preferred pronunciation of the name of their new media player. Thankfully a coterie of Yepp Girls were on hand at the launch of the peetoo a month or so back and they had such lovely thighs, sorry, smiles, that we instantly forgave Samsung its assault on the English language. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Danny Monaghan

Good Software? I think not

I got one of these for its A2DP capabilities. It a superb little player, but I can't agree with the 'pat on the back' for the software.

I installed it and my firewall suddenly found out that some hidden piece of crap DRM middleware (who's name now escapes me) that Samsung have hidden away wanted to access the internet every time I ran ANY media file on my PC. I duly de-installed it, only this pile of crap has no uninstaller. I had to roll back XP to get rid of it. For some reason it also installs a completely pointless LAME CODEC as well.

Get the player, leave the software in the bin.

2. Chris
    Stop

Ogg support

I need to pull you up on Ogg support of the T10 and possibly the P2.

The previous review of the T10 made me want one, but a quick double check on the Samsung site made no mention of Ogg playback. A quick email to Samsung returned this "Unfortunatly [sic] we cannot guarantee the playback of .OGG files on the T10."

This is depressingly vague and doesn't fill me with confidence in buying one, now. Can the author verify that he actually tested for ogg compatibility before stating it as fact in the review? Or, indeed, can anyone else?

BTW comments are closed on the previous review, hence why I'm here.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Yepp Girls on page *4*?!

You're never going to get this device noticed on El Reg unless they're on page 1 of every article about it.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go review my own hardware.

4. J
    Coat

YP-P2

"Why peepee too"? "Horizontal stroke"!?

Couldn't they ask someone who actually speaks English before choosing names for this thing?

5. Trix

OGG support looked good for me too

But 4GB maximum capacity? What a joke.

6. Mr Pedantic
    Flame

Flash-alkalis? I think not!

Alun Taylor says "the P2 occupies something of a no-man's land between smaller and lighter Flash-bases players with a similar memory capacity".

Well, Alun, I assure you that there are no Flash-bases players on the market today. It is something you have entirely made up. I'm sorry, but you can't extrapolate that Flash-bases players are a larger version of Flash-acids players, just because they have a higher pH. In this case, chemistry and technology do not make salt + water.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like