back to article Third round of consultations on 2.6GHz auctions

Ofcom has announced a third consultation on the bidding process for 2.6GHz and 2010MHz, both frequencies being desirable for the next-generation telephony crowd including both the WiMAX and LTE standards. The newly-available spectrum will be up for auction in 2008, but Ofcom started the consultation process in December 2006, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. pctechxp

Higher or lower?

Never mind the quality, feel the width.

I thought most mobile phone/wireless internet provider companies wanted a slice of the lower frequencies because it allows them to provide more pervasive in-building coverage without the necessity for additional kit sited inside buildings thus reducing build out and ongoing maintenance costs so why is it likely to be popular with WiMAX providers and those operators looking at 3G Long Term Evolution (LTE) network upgrades to support the unrequired speed upgrades (What the hell are you goining to use 100 Mbps+ wireless broadband for anyway)

I have no connection with mobile phone providers (other than like most of the population being a customer) or WiMAX providers but I don't see the business case.

This topic is closed for new posts.