back to article Laughing Squid squirts ink at Best Buy

Best Buy has sent a snivelling apology to bloggers at Laughing Squid after it wrongly accused the website of promoting t-shirts that parody the firm. The electronics retail giant had issued Cease and Desist (C&D) letters to Improv Everywhere and Neighboorhoodies demanding that the websites stop promoting and selling the t- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

and who says the Yanks lack irony !

I laughed myself silly at this ....

Anyone fancy trying the same trick in PC World ?

2. Martin Beckett Silver badge
    Flame

PC world

Wouldn't work - you would be spotted when your knuckles didn't drag on the floor.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

It's funny but a little sick.

It's sort of like fake throwing a ball to your dog, they would lose what little mind they have like I said funny but cruel.

4. David Perry

@ Previous comment

Err you would be spotted when you actually:

a) knew what you were talking about

b) didn't try selling a customer something that didn't really suit their needs

c) if you got beyond that, the fact you'd ward them off their insurance!

Mind you, laptop's I'd think twice about rejecting insurance on as they're a pain to fix (unless you don't mind rushing out to maplin as a friend of mine did when needing to change the hard drive in his ibook :D)

5. heystoopid
    Paris Hilton

Wowsers

What a silly bunch of wowsers indeed and total abuse of the 1998 DMCA Act too , which is becoming rather all to common !

The "Peter Principle" rocks on in the new century and the world of "Idiocracy!" is just around the corner if this keeps up !

6. Seán
    Thumb Down

Creepy

What was the point? A bunch of self satisfied middle class yanks playing their safe fun games with security staff and hirelings. Where were the flare guns? This "stunt" was so insipid even the famously unintelligent US cops couldn't start arresting and tasering people.

From "Rise up, destroy the system" to "Lets all wear the same colour top and pretend to shop, tee hee". No wonder the French despise them.

7. Mark Burton
    Black Helicopters

What a laff

Perhaps we could try a similar thing, where we all dress up as politicians and civil servants and run around losing personal information on CD on the one hand whilst banging on about the need for ID cards and more government intrusion on the other...

8. steve
    Coat

I do this everyday.......

I turn up to work dressed up like an IT technician, pretend to do some work but actually do nothing all day. It's fun!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@Creepy

Dear Santa,

Please get Seán a sence of humour this Christmas, and the ability to not take himself or others too seriously.

Sincerly,

Paris Hilton

10. James Pickett
    Thumb Down

Snivelling

Why are apologies always reported as 'grovelling' or 'snivelling'? It was just an apology, OK? When they offer money or (better still) to sack their lawyers, that merits an adjective.

It's like effing and blinding all the time - when something really bad happens, you're out of words... (G.Ramsay please note.)

11. M A Walters
    Coat

@steve

You mean there is a dress code for IT technicians? I suppose you mean some kind of a t-shirt with a motto like "Do not disturb, I am disturbed already" (worn by a friend of mine on an occasion)?

IT Manager that does not impose a dress code

12. Mark Hartman

TMFL

Too Many Fucking Lawyers.

13. Scott
    Go

Lawyers

Lawyers are like firearms. Dangerous in of themselves, but not truly a menace unless wielded by idiots.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Magic

We should do this stunt in the UK; it is a pity a similar organisation is not setup here.

This topic is closed for new posts.