back to article Truphone phones a friend

Expansys, the first port of call for the technically-literate UK gadget buyer, has launched their own VoIP service in something of a departure from their core business, though on closer examination it's a branded version of Truphone. Expansys VoIP will come as a pre-installed application on Nokia handsets sold by Expansys, at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Voice of reason
    Happy

My TruPhone experience...

I installed TruPhone on my unbranded N95, it doesn't work on some network branded models.

It was very easy to install and set up.

The integration with the phone is seamless.

The call quality was as good as over GSM - unlike, say, using Fring and Skype - which is rubbish.

The only problem I had was stopping the N95 automagically hooking up to TruPhone whenever it was near a previously registered Wireless network. This lead to the N95 battery getting drained very quickly when I was in the office or at home. It was this problem that caused me to uninstall it. Shame really, because otherwise it was great.

Free calls to UK land-lines and cheap calls everywhere else, not surprised they're struggling to make money out of it though...

2. Vince
    Thumb Down

Bad Move Expansys

Well I'll not be buying from Expansys then as I want a truely Sim Free and "as Nokia made it" handset thanking you ta.

3. Steve Dulieu
    Thumb Down

Last port of call these days...

Sadly, since the utterly woeful website redesign, expansys is anything but the first port of call for myself and my gadget buying chums.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like