back to article Sony rolls out Walkman handset duo

Sony has announced the latest pair of phones to be offered under its Walkman brand, the W890 and W380, one a slimline 3G device, the other a 2.5G clamshell. Sony_Walkman_W890 W890: updated W880? The W890 has built-in stereo speakers and ships with a 2GB Memory Stick Micro - aka M2 - card. They both have an FM radio with RDS …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Karl Lattimer
    Jobs Halo

Something feels familiar

Oh, look reflections under the images of their device, I wonder where I've seen that...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Its Sony Ericsson.

As the pictures on the phone show its Sony Ericsson. Not Sony.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

And...

as usual, there seems to be the standard non-standard headphone jack.

an 1.8" jack should not be that difficult to engineer into something like this.

at the very least include an adapter for a standard headphone jack.

i guess if i made (or handed to as the case may be) as much as paris hilton, then it wouldn't bother me to buy a pair of expensive headphones that don't sound as good as the ones i currently own.

4. Tony
    Stop

Headphones...

And you've tried them, obviously.

2 Points.

1. Yes - the obligatory non standard connection is annoying but you have to bear in mind that that one connection has to deal with multiple inputs and outputs including headphone, charging, data transfer etc.

Maybe you'd like a standardised headphone socket, charging socket and a mini USB socket on your phone, making it look like the back of a laptop, but I don't.

2. You can plug any 3.5 mm headphone into the proprietary control cable.

Get over yourself ;)

5. Peter Appleton
    Thumb Up

Also this week.....

....actually on Friday Sony brings the W960i to the UK

(well according to play.com anyway) Have a look at http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=mcpotw&page=title&r=MBLS&title=3438811&source=9316

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like