back to article Yahoo! Bows! To! Mum! Of! Jailed! Chinese! Journalist!

As US lawmakers continue to probe Yahoo!'s role in the jailing of Chinese journalist Shi Tao, CEO Jerry Yang and chief counsel Michael Callahan have bowed to the journalist's mother. And we mean that literally. This morning, Yang and Callahan appeared before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, which is investigating …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

the sad part is

Nothing will happen to yahoo or their execs... People will still continue using their shit service, oblivious to their involvement in this matter,

Sad.

What's worse is that the offered "apology" sounded less than sincere, but, that wouldn't stop Yahoo! from doing business with the Chinese.

Fuck Yahoo!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

How Pathetic

I thought El Reg had finally given up on the pointless and frankly pathetic practise of adding an exclamation point after every word in an article title (headline?) containing "Yahoo!".

I see I was mistaken.

3. Joe

Tom Lantos, what a guy!

It's about time Yahoo were brought to account for their actions.

More of these boardroom types should be made to see the reality of their shameless actions - making them acknowledge the poor chap's mother was a thoroughly decent thing to do.

Maybe (just maybe) these executives have a small scrap of humanity left in them, and it's been awakened by this? One can hope...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

What Fun!

I see that El Reg has not given up on the brilliant and endlessly funny practice (noun) of adding an exclamation point after every word in the title of articles about "Yahoo!" Keep up the good work!

5. dave harnet
    Stop

hypocrisy

Remember that the west only takes action against morally bankrupt regimes when is is politically and financially prudent.

As long as china is making money, the west will want a slice of the action. From my understanding, Yahoo's only crime here is in cooperating with the chinese justice system. Like it or not, obeying chinese law is part of the price for doing business in china.

6. Shakje

This article ruined my day...

with its stupid and pointless exclamation marks, I'm going to go cry in a corner now before taking out my rage on a beetle.

7. Pascal Monett Silver badge

It's the Reg way

Just like snitching on dissidents is mandatory in China, putting the exclamation marks after the Y word is mandatory on El Reg.

You don't have to click here.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like