back to article Samsung unshutters 'first' 5Mp, 3x optical zoom cameraphone

Samsung’s G800 slider handset could easily be mistaken for the existing G600, if it wasn't for one element: Samsung claimed the new model is the world’s first phone to feature both a five-megapixel camera and a 3x optical zoom facility. Samsung_G800_fronton Samsung's G800: slide action Sadly, most of the G800's other …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Gosnell

Lens cover

Dig that wonky lens cover...

Otherwise, sounds quite nice. I wonder how big the sensor is(n't).

2. thom

looks OK!?!?!

looks good and great features although im yet to use a samsung camera phone that im impresed with. I had the D900 which was shacky, hard light, and genrally dificult to take good pictures on. ive used the first 5mp camera they brought out and this was also the same - dificult to steady the camera to take a good picture. with this in mind i would be sceptical about this new model. bring on optical zoom from SE - it cant be long

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Haven't they seen the Nokia N95?

The Nokia N95 has been out for quite a while, and has a 5Mpixel camera!

4. James Prior
    Alert

Ref: Haven't they seen the Nokia N95

but the N95 doesn't have an optical zoom - Samsung are claiming it's the first 5MP *with* an optical zoom.

To be honest the camera on the N95 isn't all that great for 5MP, not for snaps anyway (I'd say my old 3.2MP K800 was better), but it does take decent video footage for a phone.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lamb in Pigs clothing?

Apparently it looks great but (to quote device buyer of unnamed company) "a pig", in the flesh. Bloody good Sharon Osbourne-job if this is true...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like