back to article Transformers sets hi-def format sales record

More than 100,000 copies of Transformers on HD DVD were sold on the title's first day of release, the movie's distributor, Paramount Home Entertainment, revealed last night. It went on to sell 90,000 more copies during its first week. Those numbers were more than enough to lift the disc to the top of the US high-def chart, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Graham Jordan

Daft buyers

Did they not go to the cinema to see how bloody awful the film was?

2. Paul Talbot
    Happy

re: Daft buyers

Yeah, they wanted to get a home copy so they could slo-mo the action scenes and work out what was going on.

3. Peter Gibbins
    Flame

@Graham

....thank-you Barry Bleedin' Norman.

4. Lupus
    Alert

Hoi!

You still your quivering meat-flaps! Personally I thought it was better at home given that, on the smaller screen, the robot fight scenes become much more decipherable.

5. Will Leamon

Whatever...

I thought it rocked!

Well except for the bit when the house gets trampled on - that was cheesy.

6. TS

So what's the *real* number?

How many of those were purchased by Toshiba and Paramount agents and employees to boost sales figures? 50%? 75%?

7. James Algar

Should have released it on BD

They'd sell a lot more if it was on Blue-ray Disk. Fools.

8. Scott Mckenzie

BR

...so impressed with BR that you can't even spell it correct - congrats.

You clearly work in marketing too so i'll bow to your superior knowledge of why they'd sell more, i mean it obviously wouldn't be anything other than pure speculation now would it?

I also very much doubt the discs were bought by agents or employees to boost sales... given that so many bought it on DVD it kind of suggests it's a popular film.

This topic is closed for new posts.