back to article KPN completes Getronics takeover

Netherlands telco KPN has completed its takeover of Getronics, following successful public offers for the Dutch service provider's ordinary shares and convertible bonds. KPN also announced a new Getronics management lineup. Erik van der Meijden will hold the position of CEO of Getronics and Steven van Schilfgaarde the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Danny
    Thumb Down

ex-Getronics employee

being an ex employee, i couldn't help but laugh out loud when i read the company finally hit rock bottom. i worked for them for 6 years, which was a complete waste of time. management was horrible back then and if they keep going the way they did, they'll kill themselves once again. i feel justice is served :D

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Current Getronics employee

Management still haven't got a clue. The way employees are treated by this company is staggering in its arrogance. Most haven't had a pay rise for four years as the company constantly bleats poverty and they will try anything to save a few quid.

Unfortunately, Getronics have lost the plot-morale is rock bottom and there is no hope that things will improve under new paymasters.

They were once eloquently described as the 'Happy shopper' of UK IT. I think that fits perfectly.

3. Anonymous Coward

Another ex-Getronics employee

I worked for Getronics for 5 years and sadly, I have to agree with some of these points. Managers were largely untrained, lacking in people skills and were often unpleasant with staff. Thus turnover was sky-high and this takeover is unsurprising. Good luck to Getronics under KPN.

I have worked for other IT outfits, some larger than Getronics, who, while not perfect, treat their staff quite reasonably.

4. Stephen Mullan
    Thumb Down

Again another ex-Getronics employee

I agree with all the points above, prime example was a person i worked with who was promoted and 3 years later still did not get his pay rise....

5. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Good-bye to Richard the Stupid...

It's such a shame.. I totally disagree, I mean what happened to the good old days when your "Manager" would leave home at 10:30 to drive to a "meeting", arrive 150miles and 4 hours later to spend 5 minutes and leave to drive home again.. .not too bad.. but if you were 5 minutes late for work...

Ah and the time when 5 of us resigned within 2 months because of being moved from covering 08:00 - 18:00 to 07:00 - 19:00, against even the Customers want...

Shame if this company is going to be run properly.. with people in management positions who don't think management is "I can make you do twice as much work for half the pay"...

Never was the Dilbert Principle proven so right!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Again again another ex-Getronics employee

Thank god I’m out and I have put that chapter of my life behind me.

This topic is closed for new posts.