back to article Symantec pushes Backup Exec with Altiris

Symantec plans to integrate its latest Windows recovery software into the Altiris management platform next month. The move was made today in step with Storage Networking World in Dallas. The two products will marry using Backup Exec System Recovery Integration Component for Altiris — which conveniently is both the name and a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Glynn Williams
    Coat

BESRICfA...

... Isn't there a bridge over that, in some film recently?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What product?

I can think of a possible company, but not a product that rhymes with romantic...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

50% success rate of DR testing

I've worked for 2 major international banks in the last 2 years (and been present for a DR test at a third) and the 50% sounds about right.

At the first the attitude was "Yay - for the first time we've managed to get SOMETHING to work after spending a whole weekend trying to fail over, shit get everything back where it's supposed to be for monday morning trading"

At the second they don't do DR tests, because the DR solution is not actually separated out from their normal sites (e.g. they have 3 main sites in the UK, and each can run the other's stuff if necessary) and therefore testing it would be a bitch... They're also pretty sure that it would "just work".

The third party DR test I was present for had about an 80% success rate for the business applications - the failures were related to remote working and security policies. They treated this as a failure of the test, and will be re-running it in a couple of months to confirm that they've fixed it.

So I'd say that out of the massive sample set of 3, 50% sounds fair ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like