I want one!!!
FROGGIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! GIMME!!! *glee*
*ahem* What I meant to say was, I want one for serious scientific research. Of some kind.
Japanese boffins have used artificial insemination to breed mutant frogs with transparent skin. The scientists reckon this will make biological research - not to mention school biology lessons - signifcantly less messy and traumatic, as it will no longer be necessary to cut the slime-filled creatures up in order to examine their …
See through skin? Apparantly been done, by good ol' evolution - cheers Simon*
Selective breeding? 'Nuff said.
Artificial insemination? I dread to think who came up with this creative trick. But, it's an oldie.
* don't trust wiki? Try google images. They look kind of transparant on some of them. I think.
I can only assume they have been successful in nature for the following reason:
"Damn I'm hungry, oh, look a frog - tasty. Oh wait, not enough meat, I can see its bones from here."
1. Which god would you be referring to? It would make just as much sense to attribute the frogs' qualities to the chihuahua that lives in the apt. upstairs from me. At least it exists.
2. You may want to discuss/pray about design flaws with your god. maybe it could resubmit a more robust design for any living creature out there. That leftover tail on humans really has no purpose for example.
3. You could just give up on the whole god fantasy and realize that things do just happen on their own. That would also mean taking responsibility for yourself.
4. You still don't believe in santa, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny or the great pumpkin also?
No need to post anonymously on this one.
" You could just .. realize that things do just happen on their own. That would also mean taking responsibility for yourself."
Nah. If they happen on their own, then there's no need for personal responsibility. So who would? Or are you the Deus Ex Machina you are so sceptical about?
Nice story, natch. I just wish it were true.
OK, I'll confess that I laughed (partly in shock, I suppose), but that really is a "joke" in extremely poor taste indeed, trivialising two very horrific events. Yes, war is hell in every way, but particularly so in those cases. I don't imagine there'll be many citizens of Hiroshima or Nagasaki laughing along with you..
You embarrass us atheists by not getting the freaking joke, Eric... Or just ignoring it anyway.
"I don't imagine there'll be many citizens of Hiroshima or Nagasaki laughing along with you."
Well, unfortunately that is the nature of humour, I'm afraid. The best of it is always at the expense of someone...
...but you forgot to tell us how big the frogs are. Judging by that picture with absolutely no visual references, I'd say that it'd be about 0.5 linguine long and have a volume of nearly 1/3 of a Bulgarian Airbag, though I reserve my right to be utterly and completely wrong (as always.)
And that bootnote was hilarious, especially since I'm not the sort to mind if a joke pisses off a couple people - or a couple million as the case may be.
Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021