back to article Sony slides out PSP software update

Sony has updated the UK PlayStation Portable firmware taking the handheld console's on-board system software to version 3.70 days after the Japanese code was released. The software works with both the original PSP and the new, slimline version. The biggest change is the addition of a range of new colours for the console's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard Street

But will it solve the problem for Homebrew???

Many homebrew users get a 'DRNFFFFFFD7' error message when trying to upgrade to the 3.50 firmware. So the question is will this firmware actually work???

2. Gary

Don't care what others say, I LOVE MY PSP

I have just done the update and it works great!!

I know that everybody is quick to keep kicking the PSP, but I really think they are not giving it the credit it deserves.

I have a PSP, both my children have a PSP and even my 64 year old dad has one!

We have 4gig memory sticks in them and they are filled with music, photos and films or TV episodes. When ever we go somewhere that might involve a bit of waiting round then my children always make sure they take their PSP's.

I know it does not have the same quality music play back as an iPod, but then I already have one of those.

But then my Ipod does not have a large screen for watching video, or the battery life when watching video. Nor can I play medal of honor or need for speed most wanted on it. And my Ipod does not have WiFi access either.

If I forget my ipod I can always listen to the music on my PSP. If I forget my PSP then waiting can become very boring!

The new update has made it even better to watch films and with the news that come the new year there will be another update that will allow video messaging and two companies are already looking at providing VOIP via the PSP then the I think you would be a fool to write off the PSP yet.

All we need now is for a SATNAV company to realise this and release their program on a UMD to be used with the GPS anntena and the PSP adds another string to it's bow. Of course what would be even better would be for Sony to add a 80gig hard drive, a better sound processor and bluetooth and then I could ditch my iPod altogether and have what I think would be one of the ultimate mobile gadgets.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"days after the Japanese code was released"

Why does everyone say that? Everytime I checked the MD5s are identical for all regions of the firmware, there's no point waiting for a US/UK version to come out the Jap version is identical.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like