back to article NASA: astronauts do not fly drunk

There is no evidence to support allegations that NASA astronauts have been flying drunk, NASA said this week. The space agency has been reviewing the last 10 years of missions, and says it has turned up nothing to suggest that crews have been hitting the bottle before missions, Reuters reports. This is despite earlier reports …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Swing by!

Fly me to the moon

And let me play among the stars!

2. GettinSadda

This just in...

News just in that Lisa Nowak is psychologically sound and has never done anything that would embarrass NASA.

Oh, and no shuttles have ever been lost.

3. james

they should have taken mescaline

its the only way to fly ;)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'fly' drunk

'fly' could as NASA imply, describe simply being on the shuttle (I can't see there being too much manual control possible / reccomended at escape velocity) or actually piloting the shuttle (manouvering, attitude control etc)...

Personally, faith in the technology or not, i'd want a wee drink or two before strapping myself on to huge tanks that only require a failure in something like an 'o' ring to turn into a large firework.

5. Will Leamon

It's a culture thing

I would be most disappointed if the astronauts weren't a little blotto on blast off. I sure as hell couldn't do it otherwise and it seems anti-American to shoot a bunch of prudes to the stars. We leave them at home to regulate TV!

6. Chris Pasiuk

Get on and get off or get off and get on

yeah... big deal...

<sips martini> 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... <monkey flips the switch> "ah... back to my martini. Anyone back there need a refill? Sergie! More vodka!"

Now if there were anyone in mission control heavy on the sauce, then there'd be serious hell going on.

7. Waldo

Stagger yes fly no way...

We know they don't fly drunk.... a hangover AND aching arms .. tsk never.

This topic is closed for new posts.